We are currently recruiting highly qualified candidates, whose background and career goals meet our needs, for the following position in our Huntsville, AL facility. Please note that due to our Department of Defense contract requirements, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
Job Title: Electronic Design Engineer
Are you passionate about engineering? Do you like to think up, create, design, build, and test bleeding edge new products? Are you looking for a hands-on position working on real products? If so, you could be a great fit for our team!
Based in Huntsville, AL, SCI Technology’s Advanced Technology Group, with a fast-paced start-up atmosphere plus the stability and resources of a Fortune-500 company, is seeking highly motivated engineers to join our team. Working with technology partners, we rapidly develop new products for a wide range of defense, aerospace, and commercial markets.
We are currently seeking an innovative Electrical Engineer to join our Aircraft and Tactical design teams in the development of new high reliable equipment. You will be expected to support a product’s electrical design activity from requirements definition through development, qualification testing and low rate initial production (LRIP).
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities:
- Work with cross-functional project teams to develop new products
- Collaborate with engineers and program team to create overall system and product design specifications
- Innovative electrical and electro-mechanical design per system requirements
- Rapid prototyping of electrical and/or electro-mechanical systems, including laboratory builds
- Develop test plans for design validation
- Document design with schematic drawings as well as supporting design documentation
- Technical communication with internal and external customers
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer & Systems Engineering or similar field from an ABET accredited university (MS is beneficial).
- 2 years of experience in the design of electronic and/or electro-mechanical systems using Cadence Allegro or other ECAD software
- Must possess the ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team environment and be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms
- Must have the ability to solve problems through innovation and creativity, as well as through listening to other team members and working to develop the best path forward
- Must be able to effectively utilize tools such as simulation, rapid prototyping, and testing to justify design decisions.
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite
- Experience with microcontroller circuit design and programming
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and eager to learn new technologies
- Strong problem solving skills, good communication skills, and ability to work in a team
- Familiar with standard electronic test and measurement equipment
- Experience in the application of data acquisition tools such as LabView is desired
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance if required
This is an ITAR facility and applicant must be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity