Leica Microsystems has helped shape the future of microscopy for over 170 years by developing groundbreaking optical and digital solutions. As a global leader, we’re driven by continuous improvement to excite our customers and to create the best work environment for our people. Customer focus, innovation, and teamwork are at the core of our culture and the foundation of our success.
Want to be part of a company whose products are part of cutting-edge research around the world? Join Leica Microsystems in our commitment for brilliant solutions and insight.
Leica Microsystems is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Senior Electronics Engineer, Imaging HW
- Responsible for customized design, implementation and verification of hardware and/or firmware of Leica market-leading microscopy products.
- Involve in design review of Leica products.
- Liaise with supplier and operation for design improvement.
- Support design qualification process.
- Develop and deliver electronics hardware according to the project requirements.
- Responsible for project deployment into production and support activities.
- Participate in lean and continuous improvement initiatives and projects.
- Review product design for manufacturability.
- Lead in transfer, commission and qualifying new products for mass production.
- ASSISTANCE MASS PRODUCTION AND PROCUREMENT: Help and support electronics components / systems procurement. Ensure the availability of our products over their entire life cycle with respect to the best possible price and quality
- Electronics - SYSTEM DESIGN: Combining market needs with electronics solutions, implement the product specification in a completed solution. Received electronics design / concept with optimum cost / benefit ratio for a new, competitive product
- Electronics - DEVELOPMENT PROCESS: improving the electronics development process. Enhance design transfer to reduce electronics design changes after product launch.
- PRIMARY DOCUMENTATION: Review & revise if applicable the primary documentation of electronics components and systems. Ensure that producers receive a complete and standardized primary documentation
- TECHNOLOGY AND KNOW-HOW:Share knowledge, utilize market/ technology information to meet customer needs. Know how transfer, develop innovative products, identify opportunities and risks of the technology and plan development time
- I: Experience in a similar position in a similar operation
- II: Innovation techniques and technologies
- General understanding of different engineering disciplines (Imaging, Optics, Electronics, Mechanics)
- Preferred background in Medical/Applied Device Industry
- Preferred deep knowledge in Surgical Microscopy
- Strong interdisciplinary communication skills (customer, PM, R&D, RAQA, internal and external supplier)
- Economic understanding (trade-off between technologies, customer demand and costs (production, R&D)
- I: Technical college / university
- Master or good Bachelor degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering.
- II: Engineering education with 5 years of R&D experience
- Good knowledge and experience in electronics hardware design for imaging and control systems.
- Proficiency in electronic CAD system, such as PADS and Altium.
- Able to perform EMC troubleshooting and countermeasure.
- Knowledge or experience in some of the following areas is an added advantage:
- Embedded and real-time system development.
- High-speed digital design.
- FPGA design.
- Sensor technologies.
- Software development using C/C++.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in HW design for digital imaging system or precision motor control is a major advantage.
- Knowledge of FMEA and other Total Quality Management (TQM) tools – i.e. Risk analysis
- Systematic in problem-solving approach and creative thinker.
- Comply and adhere to the regulatory and company’s EHS requirements
WHAT WE OFFER
- Equal pay is a given for us.
- Learn all there is about Kaizen, PSP's and Muda as part of our Danaher Business System (DBS) trainings - if you believe in continuous improvement like us
- We have no room for prejudices and stereotypes. We promote equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion.
- We offer a balance between support and autonomy to achieve your own goals in an international environment
GET MORE INSIGHT
Learn more about what we do and who we are by watching our company video “We Are Leica”: [...] you interested to discover new opportunities in an innovative, team-oriented environment? Do apply online with your complete documents (cover letter, CV, certificates). We are looking forward to your application!
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.