Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity Advanced Embedded Engineer (m/f/d)
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Why you would want this role?
This Honeywell business unit provides controls and sensors for heating, cooling, lighting, indoor air quality, ventilation, humidification, home systems and advanced solutions for Homes and Buildings applications. Our solutions provide people with comfort and peace of mind in the home or at work, save energy, reduce costs and offer advanced technology for businesses
• Formulating and analyzing high level requirements to develop software engineering solutions
• Creating quality software designs including software specifications and adhering to coding practices
• Ensuring that designs are properly verified according to engineering procedures and comply with relevant regulatory standards
• Developing high quality and reusable software and system components to extend the functionality of our products and reduce maintenance costs.
• Develop optimal and innovative software solutions according to market requirements, quality, deadlines and functional performance.
• Able to breakdown software system designs into sub-systems and collections of tasks including realistic tasks estimates
• Performing and maintaining the necessary unit tests to prove the desired software functionality before passing to system test
• Creating project and technical documentation as required and help define product architecture as needed
Job requirements - summary:
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Good knowledge of C/C++, with proven experience in an embedded software role.
• Proven experience of using one or more embedded RTOS (QNX, Linux etc..)
• Languages: English is a must. German or French would be a clear advantage
• Good knowledge of TCP/IP and Serial protocols and communications protocols (like BACnet, OPC UA, HTTP, ProfiNet, Profibus-DP, Modbus, S-Bus, etc.)
• Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
• Experience of Agile development methods (SCRUM), Unit test, Continuous integration
• Team player and ability to maintain other developers' code.