Job Title: Engineering Manager - Quality & Performance Engineering
Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives one transaction at a time.
· Lead a team of 8-10 engineers and manage their deliverables and career growth through mentoring and coaching.
· Be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of reporting product features in the Clover product and platform.
· Ensure that we are keeping pace with the technology that balances delivering solutions efficiently and creating a technically challenging and fun development environment.
· Working cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, Quality, Operations, and Customer Support Define roadmaps and schedules and deliver high-quality solutions for our customers.
· Ensure a high level of technical quality by driving architectural decisions and leading code reviews with your team.
· Work closely with Recruiting to hire engineers as we continue to scale.
· Strong skills with Java building cloud services, using SQL, and designing RESTful APIs
· Strong verbal and written communications skills Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver customer-facing products
Nice to Haves:
Customer empathy: Strive to provide great product experience and look for new opportunities to enhance our products or services. Empathy for people: You care about others’ code as much as your own. You are willing to sit down and help people improve while maintaining a positive work environment. Empowerment - you empower your team to act and make good decisions. Goes the extra mile to ensure projects are completed the right way. You pursue excellence from yourself and from the team and take ownership for the quality of the results.
Passion for coaching and mentoring to help individuals grow professionally and technically BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Engineering field Domain expertise with payments, Point of Sale, or small business software is a plus
5 plus years work experience which includes 2 or more years managing teams of 8 or more engineers
Skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load