About Wonders Corporation
Wonders Corporation is a technology-enabled service company headquartered in New York City. The company specializes in providing ordering taking, marketing, social media management, and data analytics for the restaurant industry.
Wonders Vision: We are the ding technology and customer service partner for restaurants everywhere.
Wonders Mission: To provide a virtuous ecosystem of tools and services to restaurant operators to help them be more successful.
Wonders Core Values: Client Focus, People-centric, Relentless, Substance, Creative, Efficient, Simplicity
What the role is about
Are you energized by leading extraordinary software engineers while remaining hands-on with coding and technical architecture? As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a software engineering team in building products while maintaining a high quality bar with scalable and reusable technology. You will be mentoring, coaching and inspiring software engineers on the team to take on new technical challenges and grow their careers. You will lead the team in looking at problems in new ways and inventing simple solutions to complex problems.
● Join one of our cross-functional development teams and contribute hands-on to our products and infrastructure
● Develop and mentor engineering and leadership talent
● Lead technical planning
● Contribute to strategic and tactical product planning
● Be responsible for the delivery and operation of high-quality software that helps Client to grow
● Proven in instilling Agile and DevOps methodologies of working into development teams & using metrics to increase team velocity
● Lead the development and testing function within the company
● Manage a multi-skilled development team covering a range of technologies
● Define and lead continuous improvement of delivery processes & ensure 3rd party development is done to the correct quality standards and follows company processes
● Perform performance reviews
● Work with HR to create job postings, screen resumes, interview candidates, etc.
● Hands-on involvement in production incident and support
Our Network/VoIP Stacks: Asterisk VoIP servers, Cisco phones and switches, Ubiquiti routers
Our Development Environment/Best Practice: Agile SCRUM, DevOps, Microservices, OOP, Kanban, SDLC
● The role requires between eight and 10 years of technology development experience with four or five years in management roles
● You have a track record of leading high performing teams that successfully deliver scalable products in an agile technology company or a startup
● You are recognized as a leader by your peers
● You regularly anticipate technical issues and make architectural and design decisions to avoid them
● Excellent, high-level people management skills combined with project management skills are required
● Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills are necessary
● You recognize that the success of an engineering team comes from its engineers, and you are passionate about coaching, mentorship, and career development
● You have strong hands-on technical skills and can contribute to coding and architecture
● Strong experience of Object Oriented development languages and framework, required Java and Spring
● You recognize the value of performance, reliability, and scalability of systems
● Experience of working with integration platforms
● Knowledge of test processes and test automation
● Experience of continuous integration technologies
● Confident communicator
● A clear knowledge of the Business and an appreciation for the products and the company values
● Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work under pressure in a challenging fast paced environment with tight deadlines. Balances team and individual responsibilities and contributes to building a positive team spirit
● Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments concurrently and deliver on commitments
● Able to drive forward development processes and ways of working
● Ability to lead project and development meetings with a view to driving the performance of the development resources and ensuring quality, timely deliverables