Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
About Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Eurofins IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd (A CMMI Level 3 Company) is a 100% full owned subsidiary of Eurofins. This young captive centre located in Bangalore was established in 2012 to be the largest IT Solutions group within Eurofins to cater to all the internal IT business needs. The primary focus of IT Solution group will be to develop the next generation LIMS (Lab Information Management system), Customer portals, Ecommerce solutions, ERP/CRM system & B2B platforms for various Eurofins Laboratories and businesses.
EITS India is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
POSITION TITLE : Manager
REPORTING TO: Associate Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
Technical leader with 12-15 years of work experience to lead a cross-functional software development team that includes Frontend and Backend. Possess deep technical expertise to roll up sleeves when situation demands and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also build and manage a team of highly calibre top-notch software engineers.
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
· As a Software Development Manager, you will collaborate with product owners in understanding and help managing the product roadmap. You will ensure timely delivery of features with the highest quality besides helping business unit meet its tactical / strategic goals, contribute to product strategy.
· Besides, optimizing your own code, you will be able to guide engineers to optimize theirs and help them develop into top performers.
· You will significantly contribute towards implementing engineering best practices and constantly look for opportunities to make the engineering systems scale horizontally, and opportunities to improve system design.
· You will make objective data-driven decisions, live and breathe engineering metrics to build and improve systems. You work closely with Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing solution(s) that meets business needs with higher velocity.
· Define clear, achievable career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
· You will conduct regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
· Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools needed, and provide timely feedback.
· Report (or contribute in preparing the status report) to Project Steering Committee as per the schedule. This includes both, functional reports to the Program Director and Project status reports for senior management review.
· Track progress and review project tasks to meet project deadlines.
· Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
· Follow Eurofins policies, procedures and methodologies.
Experience : 12 to 15 years
Type and duration of previous experience:
· Minimum 09 years of experience in IT Application/Software Development field
· At least 4+ years as a software development manager in an IT environment.
· Should have handled at least 2 Enterprise Web application development projects including its deployment and maintenance
· Experience managing multiple scrum teams is essential
· Past experience in Building and Managing high performance teams
Specific skills required:
· Strong and proven background Technology.
· Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: Scrum and Kanban
· Past experience in handling .NET projects is appreciated;
· Experience with Web based application development with SOA architecture is desired.
· Exposure in handling international projects is highly preferred.
· TFS / Azure DevOps knowledge will be essential.
· PMP certification and Certified Scrum Master is a plus;
· SAFe experience or related Framework
· Very good communication skills (concise writing and orally convincing).
· Very good interpersonal relation skills at all levels of the organization, with capability to influence decisions and lead others to achieve results.
· Should possess great leadership skills to motivate scrum teams to perform at their best.
· Ability to work in a complex international environment.
· Responsive problem solver and proactive actions.
· Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities.
BE Computer Science or MBA or equivalent degree