One of the fastest growing stock broking companies and first brokers in India to introduce commission-free trading for investors. Our customers enjoy zero brokerage on equity delivery trades and a flat Rs. 20 per order pricing model on all other segments.
We are on our way to become the leader in low-cost brokerage and No.1 stock broker in the country. We scaled from a customer database of 25k customers in 2017 to 2 Lakh customers in 2019 to 2+ Million customers now.
The company will continue to be driven by its guiding principle of making trading in stock markets simple and affordable for all.
Company’s focus on high-design and leading-edge technology seeks to revolutionise the online trading industry in India, all at disruptive price points. Backed by Ratan Tata, Upstox had raised $4 million in Series A funding in early 2016 that was led by Kalaari Capital. The round also saw participation from health care tech firm GVK Davix Technologies Pvt Ltd. US-based investment firm Tiger Global Management invested $25 million in the company in September 2019 in a Series B funding round.
We have a team of highly skilled technology and finance professionals, and are currently looking for highly motivated field experts to be part of our high-energy team.
What will you need to own and do:
We are looking for a Talented Leader who will be responsible for leading a group of talented technical individuals to build scalable and secure products.
- You are the person that leads our backend and infrastructure engineering layers.
- You collaborate on strategy with engineering leadership and contribute your hands-on coding skills to join individual contributors in working on engineering design and complex coding challenges.
- Most importantly, you should be able to code.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work with Product, Testing and Infrastructure teams to understand product vision and requirements
- Analyse how all elements of the software ecosystem work together, and drive technical architecture forward
- Develop technical specification artefacts, documentation, diagrams explaining how systems will work
- Drive unit testing principles, guidelines, and standards throughout the o rganization
- Oversee the development and execution of development plans and report on execution
- Lead, manage and build a great developer organization through mentoring, recruiting, training, and support
Required Skills and Experience:
- Engineering/ Master’s degree in the field of Computer Science or equivalent
- 12+ years of experience with deep technical knowledge and hands-on skills with at least - 4+ years of management experience leading/managing automation team/project
- Built and managed highly talented distributed engineering teams
- Built, prioritized, and executed product roadmaps
- Designed and developed highly scalable multi-threaded large scale distributed systems
- Well versed with services and microservices architecture. Usage of containers, virtual machine systems, cloud computing
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Deep knowledge in distributed caching algorithms, transaction engines, garbage collectors, distributed lock managers, replicated hot/standby systems, network management systems, etc
- Proficient in virtualization, PaaS and IaaS. Should have worked on building a high-volume, low-latency, auto-scalable distributed infrastructure for internet and mobile users
- Strong understanding of end-to-end architectures and development frameworks; knowledge across tiers in a multi-tier cloud environment including load balancers, web servers, application containers, data stores, and distributed caches
Psst… tips on how you can beat the competition:
- GitHub profile showcasing your contributions (unless it’s a list of public repo forks)
- StackOverflow profile with your answers to tough questions
- A note on any of the following topics on where you see it going: cloud, server-less, distributed processing, blockchain
If you can showcase your abilities to:
- Have an ownership mindset
- Aggressively drive and deliver results