Our Cloud product operations team in Brussels is looking for a passionateCloud Platform Engineering Manager!
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to drive results and scale our technology as well as organization directions. We are in the process of technology evolution moving from a monolith to a service-oriented architecture. You will be leading a highly technical team of engineers and working closely with other product engineering teams in scaling our next generation of products.This position is responsible of platform team.
The Platform team is responsible for the infrastructure and shared services stack on top of which all the Sitecore applications sit. It is a team of engineers with a mission to build a rock-solid foundation for Sitecore that supports 100s of engineers and 10s of millions of users today while continuing to scale rapidly.
The team owns everything from our cloud environments, containerized platform for running backend services, service-oriented & microservices architecture, and in-house built mission-critical shared services. The team is also responsible for driving architectural evolution, overall site health and provides other engineering teams with the observability tools, best practices, and guidance for running highly available and performant microservices.
You must be legally authorized to work in Belgium.
- Work closely with engineers to architect critical production systems and design a roadmap for our infrastructure in collaboration with other engineering leaders.
- Build and grow an amazing team of both application and infrastructure software engineers with a strong culture of balancing excellence with moving fast.
- Collaborate closely with product engineering leads to ensure our technology platform meets our company goals and allows product development to move fast.
- Work closely with other engineering leaders to evolve and improve Sitecore Engineering’s culture in a fast-paced growth environment.
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering management role.
- 5+ years of experience building software at scale.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Bias for action, result-oriented with a long term strategic view of growth & improvement.
- Passion for leading teams, setting the vision and developing highly functioning organizations.
- Experience in Agile Delivery processes (eg. SAFe).
- Passionate about technology and contribute to hands-on coding.
- Experience at a consumer scale tech company or growth-stage startup.
- Experience with a modern public cloud-based tech stack
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Experience in Containerization technologies and orchestration (Docker, OCI, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, …)
- Working with monitoring and observability tools in a distributed environment
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Be able to think at the macro level, while ensuring the design works on the micro-level
- Have a broad knowledge of software architecture, microservice design, container orchestration, and cloud concepts
- Deep understanding of at least 1 scripting language (Python, Lua, Bash, PowerShell, …)
- Well known with configuration management tools like Ansible
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code processes and tools like Terraform
- Comfortable working with git on a daily basis
- Comfortable working with Linux
Our interest is sparked if you are
- Smart and fun to work with
- Comfortable taking on a multi-functional role
- Client-focused and service-oriented
- Creative and entrepreneurial with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- A big fan of challenges – and finding solutions to overcome them
- Innovative and forward thinking
- An aficionado of continuous delivery and all things automated
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Willing to take initiative to understand our business
Do you think you have what it takes to be our new colleague? We are looking forward to your application!
You the chance to work with highly skilled project managers, developers, and writers on exciting new projects. You will work in a dynamic, international working environment with a strong emphasis on doing work that you consider cool and fun. We have a flat organization, where decision paths are short, suggestions are considered, and your influence is felt in the final product. Sitecore is an open-minded company with great opportunities for personal development.
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.