Position at Zynga
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long-term retention. Our portfolio of games – Empires & Puzzles, Merge Dragons, CSR Racing 2, Farmville, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words with Friends and Zynga Poker span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express.
In 2019, we delivered a record topline performance with revenue of $1.32 billion, up 46% year-over-year, and bookings of $1.56 billion, up 61% year-over-year
Our strong Q4 performance capped off an outstanding year as we delivered the highest annual revenue and bookings in Zynga history. We expect to build on this momentum as we continue growing our business in 2020.
Come join us, thrive, and take risks and dream big to shape the future of fastest growing gaming platform mobile.
Zynga India is Zynga’s largest studio outside USA with 400+ people and growing rapidly. It manages some of Zynga’s biggest global games in the Casual Gaming, Action Strategy, Match-3, Slots, and Invest Express genres. The game teams are responsible for the long term-vision of the game, its entire Game Design & Tuning, Product Roadmap, Features, Content & Creative decisions, Art work (2D, 3D, Animation), Development, QA/Testing, Analytics & Performance Tracking, User Acquisition & Live Operations.
The Zynga India team is full of passionate gamers, who love to play, build great products, and have fun doing it. Studio I expect continued growth and is looking for strong leaders to expand the studio into this next growth phase.
- Lead and manage a talented Engineering Team of 8+ members.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members and assist them in their career progression. Set OKRs, progress checks and do performance evaluations.
- Manage the development pipeline to deliver features on schedule while maintaining high bar for quality. Closely Interact with other functions such as PM, Design, UI/UX, Art, QA, and deliver planned features.
- Create a solid Tech backlog that involves modernizing tech stack, set goals for performance improvements, game stability and improvements.Establish Best Process and Development Practices and drive the centre of excellence for the teams.
- Perform Design reviews, Code reviews and deliver high quality games.
- Updates with new technology trends and constantly and adopts them to improve the games.
- Improve productivity of the team with better CI, CD and Automation
- Facilitate and create problem solving culture in the team.
- Demonstrates strong execution skills, decision-making skills, data driven.
- Be obsessed about players and giving the best experience to our players.
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Should have 10+ years of professional experience in mobile, desktop or web application development using C++, JAVA,C#,PYTHON,GO
- Should have 2+ years of experience in managing teams, including hiring, mentoring and building strong teams.
- Shown ability to motivate teams and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Exposure to using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills with experience in building strong internal relationships
- Good Analytical, Problem solving and Debugging skills.
- Hands on experience in Designing, Coding and release management.
What we offer you?
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!