This will navigate you to Accenture.com Sign In page.
Engineering Manager (Technical Architect Focus)
The Dock is a diverse team of creative problem-solvers within Accenture – where design, business and technology meet under one roof.We’re a meeting place where Accenture, clients and partners connect to pioneer new ways to fulfil human needs using emerging technology.
The Technology & Engineering practice focuses on the Full Stack Engineering Solution – responsive UIs, micro-services, data layers – solving problems using Applied Intelligence, Robotics, Computer Vision, IoT, Cyber-Security and Data Engineering.
Working in tandem with Architecture, Agile, Big Data, Analytics, Immersive, Cloud Engineering and Design pillars and practices, we operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum with a remit to build the future in real-time.
The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief, empowers us to break future ground.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager ( Technical Architect Focus) to join our growing Technology & Engineering practice within the wider Dock organisation.
You are someone:
· with strong independent logical thinking and broad technical knowledge on designing UX, creating core functional logic components, APIs, complex data and application integration.
· who can lead best practices within the team, using design patterns and principles, following agile processes effectively and helping the team deliver high quality solutions.
· who understands the perspectives of front-end and back-end engineering, data scientists, DevOps and be able to choose or create the right technology and approach rather than constraining yourself to addressing everything with a single technology stack.
· who values relevant communication, is highly collaborative, enthusiastic in achieving results, open, even sometimes creative but has a deep interest in new and emerging technologies.
· Important: capable of leading the design, development and delivery of a full-stack solution – you are a technology leader in one or more of these practice capabilities: S/W Engineering, Architecture, Cloud Engineering, UIX/XR, Rapid Prototyping, Applied AI/ML.
You will be:
· working within innovation teams to define, create and maintain best practices and technical roadmaps;
· participating in engagements with clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements by attending progress updates, biweekly calls/meetings;
· working with others to analyse and design complex integrated technical solutions, services and components;
· collaborating with Product Designers, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products;
· breaking technical epics or stories into detailed technical specifications tasks and provide reasonable workload estimation;
· working in an agile technical team providing advanced engineering expertise and guidance to high quality standards with strong leadership of the technology stack;
· providing hands-on development on setting up frameworks, core mechanisms and troubleshooting;
· pair programming with team members and review code to help them maintain best practices;
· documenting key technical implementations, approaches, mechanisms;
· identifying and consider reusability opportunities for components, services, designs;
· working with technical leads and other senior engineers to design hands-on training sessions and workshops;
· transferring knowledge to multi-functional teams and provide major defect support;
· a technical mentor to share your specialisms and best practices.
· An experienced Engineering Lead or Principal Level individual contributor with strong Technical Architecture skills
· Proven experience on the full-stack – e.g. UX/Web Apps, Platform APIs, Business Modelling, Distributed Processing, Data Lakes, etc
· Strong command of relevant programming languages/frameworks: e.g. Java, NodeJS
· Knowledge and use of relevant software patterns e.g. Spring Boot, MVVM
· React, Angular, Vue.js or equivalent frameworks/libraries
· Cloud services: e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
· Relational Databases and Data Modelling: e.g. Mysql, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server
· Engineering practices & principles, e.g. OOP, functional programming, design patterns, unit and integration testing
· RESTful APIs, u-Services, message/event, serverless -based architectures
· Developing with Git or other version control systems
· Test/Behaviour/Domain Driven Development
· Other programming languages, e.g. C#, Python
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
· 2+ years of experience working in an agile team to deliver software in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
· 8+ years of experience as an engineer designing and implementing complex applications, enterprise level APIs, data and webservices integration.
· Experience in development and working in areas of emerging technology (AI, Analytics, Data Engineering, distributed computing, etc) and driving new points of view and capabilities
· Proven expertise in creating solutions and accurately estimating project effort and costs (particularly for agile deliveries)
· Experience with agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and within an agile project team
· Exposure/experience in development project management and in managing senior stakeholders
· B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc./M.Eng./PhD degree(s) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or relevant professional experience.
Does this appeal to you? If so, we wish to hear from you.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Be your best every day in a work environment that helps drive innovation in everything you do.
Take time away to learn and learn all the time in our regional learning hubs, connected classrooms, online courses and learning boards.
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.
See how we embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.
From entry-level to leadership, across all business and industry segments, get to know our people harnessing technology to make a difference, every day.
Search open positions that match your skills and interest. We look for passionate, curious, creative and solution-driven team players.
Stay ahead with careers tips, insider perspectives, and industry-leading insights you can put to use today–all from the people who work here.
Receive job alerts, latest news and insider tips tailored to your preferences. See what exciting and rewarding opportunities await.