Amazon is seeking an experienced and business oriented EU Engineering Project Manager to coordinate the planning and execution of highly complex logistic process automation and storage projects for the continued expansion of our EU fulfillment network.
Ideal candidates will natural self-starters who have Engineering Program and Project Management experience combined with an established technical problem solving ability. The role will understand all aspects of an Amazon Fulfillment Center while focusing on its automation technologies (conveyance, sortation, robotics) and storage solutions. This person will be responsible for planning, designing and delivering state-of-the-art material handling systems and innovations while coordinating internal teams and external contractors in order to effectively launch new Fulfillment Centers and expansions in existing sites. Amazon’s culture encourages an entrepreneurial approach and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems in a growing environment.
· End-to-end ownership for large-scale engineering projects (planning, design, installation, commissioning and qualification, launch support)
· Direct critical path items, dive deep on technical details and provide innovative solutions to resolve issues
· Assess and communicate project status, coordinate escalations on potential risks and delays across multiple teams
· Prepare and conduct weekly standing meetings with internal teams and external vendors/contractors to plan and track deliverables
· Create, submit and track the relevant CAPEX documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered within budget and best overall value
· Lead technical design reviews and propose design solutions for material handling and storage solutions that meet both business needs and global design standards
· Assist in providing equipment specifications and technical support to procurement and other business partners
· Collaborate closely with various internal teams such as World Wide Engineering, Construction, Operations, Reliability Maintenance Engineering, IT and Procurement