Lead Test Development Engineer for Optical Devices (f/m/div)* At a glance Are you keen on exciting new technologies? Do you want your individual work to be part of shaping the future...
Together we are driving Austria forward We electrify, automate and digitalize:
Our employees make real what matters.
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
We are looking for a technology specialist for Mechanics and Metal Parts (materials and manufacturing technologies like cutting, bending, welding, deep-drawing, stamping, riveting, surfaces etc. as well as casting and machined parts) incl. the relevant assembly processes.
An additional focus is on the component business like forged parts, wheel sets, dampers, rubber metal parts, air spring and pantographs.
This CVE expert will be responsible for the cost and value evaluation of purchased parts as well as for self-developed components to generate quantitative target costs while adhering to quality and supply chain requirements.
· Evaluate and calculate best cost and value position for Mechanics and Metal Parts through application of Cost and Value Engineering levers and methods.
· Ensure transparency in production processes, related costs and improvement potentials through application of appropriate tools for Should-costing/bottom-up Cost Analysis and Optimization (CAO) and Design to Cost (DtC).
· Compile feasible costs per component as basis for bottom-up cost target indication (for negotiations as well as in early phases of product development and engineering processes).
· Collaborate closely with cross-functions like R&D / Engineering and Procurement in our Siemens Mobility locations world-wide.
· Calculate cost baselining and regular cost updates for components acc. to maturity of design. Evaluate cost impact of alternative technical options (materials, manufacture methods) during the product development process and in re-designs. Support R&D / Engineering concerning the most cost effective solution based on standardized designs and/ or production methods.
· Propose proactively DtC-/ improvement measures to R&D / Engineering along with quantified financial impact expectation.
· Identify, quantify and drive supply chain productivity improvement measures, contribute transparency to negotiations.
· Propose technology-based optimization measures in the supply chain.
· Support Procurement in negotiation with suppliers.
· Support Commodity Management defining the material field strategy of Mechanics and Metal Parts.
· Bachelor or above education background, preferred in Engineering
· 3+ years of experience in R&D / Engineering, Production or production engineering, especially in the sector of mecanic and metal working (materials, cutting, bending, welding, deep-drawing, stamping, riveting, surfaces, casting, machined parts, etc.)
· Advanced customer value and costing knowledge, expertise in cost modeling and process analysis.
· Experience in CVE is preferred, in particular in cost structure analysis.
· Strong communication skills and team work skills.
· Advanced assertiveness, negotiating and interpersonal skills
· Basic project management skills, commercial knowledge
· Experiences in different cultural environments, worldwide collaboration in cross- functional project teams.
What else should I know?
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is at least EUR 43.820,00 (full-time). Siemens as an international company offers additional social benefits.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, we are looking forward to receiving your representative online application!