Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Sales Specialists & Consultants are product, services, software or solution specialists that are responsible for leading pursuit in their assigned focus areas. Collaborates with and supports Account Managers and provides specialist expertise within the sales team. Drives proactive campaigns to build the pipeline, uses specialized knowledge and skills to prospect, qualify, negotiate and close opportunities. May have named accounts allocated, cover a designated geography, or may be allocated to one high-potential, competitive attack account.
- Responsible for sales of storage products and solutions in assigned territory, industry or accounts.
- Actively prospects new storage opportunities. Discovers or cultivates opportunities for storage solutions within existing accounts.
- Manages, coordinates and drives sales activities. Builds sales pipeline and drives opportunities to successful closure by effectively using internal sales tools. Executes pursuit plans as appropriate.
- Formulates and expands solutions to generate additional product or service attachments and up sell to increase revenue.
- Build sales readiness and reduces client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in storage.
- Coordinates supporting sales activities related to pipeline hygiene through account managers, Presales, channel partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Effectively uses internal sales tools for maintaining a healthy pipeline and the account plan in a timely fashion.
- Collaborates across the HPE teams to deliver a consistent approach to developing business, including account planning for end to end solutions.
- Negotiates profitable deals so the company can expand opportunities based on existing business and increase the company's footprint and revenue in storage.
- Establishes a professional and consultative relationship with the client by developing an intermediate understanding of the unique business needs of the client within the industry. Works with the client up to the IT management level.
- Interfaces with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.
- Focuses on and works with the channel to forge relationships, provide enablement of key technologies, and co-sell to end users.
- Coordinates marketing campaigns (digital/new techniques) associated with storage to ensure successful launches, alignment with the account strategy, and the maintenance of campaign momentum.
- Supports deal closure in partnership with relevant internal stakeholders, including account managers and channel partners.
The sections below help differentiate between levels to enable consistency.
Education and Experience
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, interfaces with diverse business customers.
- Typically 6-10+ years of sales experience.
- Storage related sales experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Storage Specialist- Sales Acumen & Behaviors
- Possesses expertise to be able to assess solution feasibility from a technical and business perspective, to determine """"qualify-in""""/""""qualify-out"""" status.
- Uses expertise to negotiate profitable deals, so that the company can expand opportunities based on existing business and increase footprint and revenue in storage
- Demonstrates hunter mentality to actively pursue solution opportunities in acquisition and development accounts, and to pursue new business.
- Possesses the ability to independently articulate the technical solution and the commercial benefits to the client.
- Possesses knowledge and expertise to conceptualize and articulate well-targeted solutions in storage, from proposal to contract sign-off.
- Possesses knowledge of digital and modern methods to connect and sell.
- In depth knowledge about storage, service, cloud, solution and differentiators between own offerings and what competitors offer.
- Understands the outside-in view and possesses solid knowledge of industry trends. Stays abreast of competitors and key partner/ISV solutions, including both traditional and emerging vendors. Leverages HPE's opportunities and mitigates challenges.
- Proactively uses knowledge in the storage specialty to help customers make IT business decisions.
- Applies specialized storage technical product/service/solution knowledge in working with account teams to screen and prioritize multiple leads for feasibility.
- Partnering Acumen
- Understands how and when to engage different types of partners effectively, and is able to map the right partner to an opportunity.
- Solid communication and presentation skills (for presenting within IT at the manager level).
- Shows positive behaviors and an approachable demeanor when dealing with others.
- Understands how changing requirements and unintended consequences impact success, and builds contingencies to manage these factors.
- Willing to take calculated risks in line with the vision from senior leadership.
- Possesses adequate understanding of financial acumen. Grows the business and achieves overall financial metrics (revenue, gross margin, retention, cost control).
- Account size ranges; may work in a Small-Medium, Enterprise, or Corporate Segment; varied sales cycle.
- Average size quota.
- Participates in general sales strategy; defines specific sales plans with manager.
- Independently sells a storage product/solution.
- Selling role may be transactional and/or demand generation focused.
- May work with and leverage external partners to deliver sale.
- May interface with any level in customer organization; focused mainly on specialist buyers, e.g. IT.
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status