UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes’ “America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
The Enterprise Information Architect plays an integral role in building a holistic view and roadmap of the company’s enterprise information strategy, processes, and assets. They will work with stakeholders, both leadership and subject matter experts, to develop, optimize and oversee conceptual and logical data systems to provide recommendations on and strengthen the impact of business information to be available and shared consistently across the organization via the identification, definition and analysis of data and analytics requirements in support of business strategies and desired outcomes.
The role of the architect is to ensure that the business, analytics and IT are in alignment and that the data infrastructure (hardware and software) supports both current and future business objectives. They will evaluate, recommend, and implement data and technology assets to influence information strategy and maximize the value of our data.
- Contribute to the building of long-term strategic roadmap for all data assets and systems.
- Influence information strategy by providing recommendations that maximize the value derived from information assets.
- Partner with business leadership, DBAs, and enterprise analysts to envision data-enabled strategies in support of business outcomes
- Contribute to the building of a long-term strategic roadmap for the effective governance of information processes and structures.
- Create and use business capability models to visualize what information matters most to the organization based on defined business goals.
- Enhance decision making by providing and communicating a realistic future-state view of the information landscape.
- Create and manage business information models in all forms including conceptual models, relational database designs, message models and others.
- Enable enterprise information management by ensuring that architecture is used as a lens to identify, prioritize and execute the data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
- Secure data and analytic assets by assisting with the analysis of data security requirements and solutions in cooperation with the security team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in IT, with at least two years in information system design.
- In-depth experience designing and implementing information solutions.
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing database structure systems to support data mining.
- Three to five years' experience as a data analyst is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated Experience with business process and performance modeling, benchmarking and financial analysis
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
- Experience with waterfall, agile and a hybrid of methodology preferred.
- Experience with the Guidewire platform is a plus.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Experience with innovation and ideation methods, such as design thinking.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Business domain, data/content and process understanding
- Data modeling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level.
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks and information models.
- Understanding of metamodels, taxonomies and ontologies, as well as of the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modeling) to less-structured sources.
- Familiarity with data science concepts, as well as MDM, business intelligence, and data warehouse design and implementation techniques.
- Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio needs, as well as determine the resources needed to achieve objectives and overcome cross-functional barriers
- Ability to establish, implement and enforce appropriate IT standards to meet business requirements
- Business acumen, and the ability to communicate to executives, business stakeholders and technical staff alike
- Effective conceptualization, pattern recognition and teaming skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities paired with outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of architecture industry trends
- Knowledge or experience within the Insurance industry
- Display intellectual curiosity and integrity.