Department - Education and Content
Reporting Manager - Assistant Director of Education
Job Location - HQ, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates or remote
The ELL/ ESP Publishing Lead is responsible for ensuring ELL appropriacy in content and design across Alef Education’s K-12 English language programs. In English (ELT), math (ESP), and science (ESP), success metrics focus on accessibility and scaffolding for below level English Language Learners in UAE. The ELT/ ESP Publishing Lead will review feedback and requirements from the Director of Education, the platform group, data and research, and additional stakeholder groups to translate them into publishing solutions for ELLs. Success is measured by the ELL/ ESP Publishing Lead’s ability to create and monitor ELL quality guidelines.
K-12 Digital Publishing - Produce high-quality K-12 digital content.
- Set benchmark measures and monitor compliance for quality measures such as Lexile/ CEFR level and visual strategy across grade bands.
- Revise existing G5-12 lessons to meet benchmark measures.
- Onboard academic ELL SME authors and industry specialists to develop Alef’s high-level content story and vision into an engaging and accessible program and curriculum model designed to enable ELLs.
- Collaborate with the Head of Instructional Design to translate management, stakeholder, and SME requirements into practical content prototypes that are built for ELLs.
- Develop vendor guidelines and RFPs that specify and support digital content quality measures and publishing requirements for ELLs.
- Manage internal and external editorial and content creation teams to ensure ELL and ESP guidelines are met.
- Analyze and respond to user data, bugs, and feedback, continuously measuring and adjusting the quality of all published content.
Enhance Learning Outcomes - Support the development of enhancements and collaborations that address iterative content improvements.
- Lead initiatives to better support specific needs for English Language Learners through strategies designed to maximize learning design for both ELL core courses and ESP materials.
- Review feedback from Quality content and UDL reviews to identify and propose areas for high-impact enhancements.
- Review feedback from Service Delivery and Research teams to understand how current use models for Alef’s digital learning systems work in MOE and private school classrooms, aligning teacher support materials as needed.
- Continuously review the efficacy of existing English language content subjects and scope and propose enhancements and remediation materials.
- Evaluate results of school implementation training and coaching strategies to help analyze effectiveness and define new pedagogies of teaching and learning.
Education, Experience and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (education, learning theory, etc)
- Master degree in a relevant field an advantage
- Minimum 2-3 years K-12 digital publishing experience within ELT
- Minimum 1-2 years K-12 developmental editor experience within ELT fields.
- Previous experience managing academic subject matter teams within a publishing environment.
- Previous instructional design experience an advantage.
- For ESP subjects, some level of experience within the field of math and science an advantage.
- ELL and ESP K-12 pedagogy expertise
- K-12 digital publishing expertise
- Experience with Lexile, CEFR, and GSE (or equivalent) frameworks for English Language Learners
- Management experience within international and MOE project environments
- Problem solving; ability to drive toward project completion, overcoming obstacles, bottlenecks and other risks as required
- Relationship Builder; ability to quickly establish credibility, influence and trust with other team members in order to better drive results
- Creative Design; ability to see the big picture of the design process and influence continuous creativity details without losing focus on schedule and process efficiencies
- Deadline oriented; ability to articulate priorities and revise plans to meet tight deadlines
- Project Management Tools Expert; familiar with various project management practices and tools (kanban, scrum, etc) with proven ability to implement and customize to the needs of team and/or project