Our people are at the heart of WhiteWater’s success and achievements. Why? Because of the way each of us views the world, our mindset, directly impacts every interaction and experience we have, each relationship we build, and the goals and outcomes we achieve.
Just as we as individuals are shaped by our mindset, so too is our organizational culture – the collective mindset of the company. At WhiteWater, we: Trust, Co-create, Respect, Collaborate, and Engage. When we cultivate a forward-moving, highly collaborative and fully accountable and committed company mindset, we are: High achieving; results-driven and knowledgeable; Enthusiastic, innovative problem solvers; Collaborative, supportive and inclusive; and United, trustworthy and trusted.
Whitewater’s Water Estimating department is looking for an Estimator to join their team! Reporting to the Director, Sales Operations, the successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment assembling costs and estimates for projects during the sales and project budgeting phases. The successful candidate must have the ability to work under pressure to complete estimates in a timely manner and use their judgment to estimate costs when a limited basis for estimate is available. Please note that this is a technical role involving the creation of detailed complex estimates. It is not a role in which price list prices are applied to create quotations.
- Create detailed complex estimates for waterslides, aquatic play structures and dry play structures, using available design drawings, sketches and information; price lists will not be available to create quotations
- Manage the production of large detailed estimates with the support of other estimators
- Undertake a thorough estimate check process of work completed by other members of the team
- Assist in the development of proposal documents
- Assist sales in providing both detailed and budget on the spot estimates for possible future proposals
- Develop preliminary slide support and tower design concepts
- Draft scope of work documents
- Ensure that estimates reflect current costs and that the costing database is kept up to date
- Review completed projects vs. the estimates for improvement of accuracy of future estimates
- Usage of Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) procedures
- May act as a project manager on small projects, as required
- Interact effectively within all levels of the WhiteWater team and external contacts relating to the Waterparks and Attractions business units and Project Services
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards
- Contributes to culture of development/sustenance of Continuous Improvement and Lean philosophies
- Respect for people through positive communication, consideration and collaborative relationships
- Maintain and follow best practices for operations including Customer Service, Quality, Lean Management and Safety.
- Define and align goals with departmental goals
- Math, statistics and analyst education and experience is highly valuable
- An Engineering, Project Management, Quantity Surveying or Accounting related degree and/or relevant experience would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in construction or manufacturing estimating is preferred
- Able to create Bills of Materials and take-offs
- Able to read and interpret construction/engineering drawings
- Able to create estimates under pressure that are accurate and reflect the company’s costs, using any and all information provided
- Experience with contract management would be an asset
- Must be comfortable with extensive use of Excel in creating and interpreting spreadsheets as well as MS Project; an understanding of Timberline (or similar pricing package) would be an asset
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, fun, and professional environment!
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English with the ability to write clear reports
- Willing and able to work outside of normal operating hours if requested on an as-needed basis
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Accountability – We do what we say
- Collaboration – We work well together
- Customer Focus – We know and respond to our customers
- Communication – We listen to and understand each other
- Authenticity – We are honest and trust each other
- Resilience – We deal effectively with pressure, are persistent and optimistic
- Flexibility & Adaptability – We are willing and able to respond to changing circumstances.