British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too. There’s no doubt our industry is controversial — we’re the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our trade. In our market, we observe every law and regulation regarding tobacco (in many cases going further through our own voluntary code).
- Manage the daily schedule of President Director by prioritizing and coordinating appointments with key stakeholders, direct reports, business leaders via most appropriate medium (face-to-face, video conferencing, virtual meetings (i.e. Microsoft Teams)).
- Proactively manage meeting conflicts and rescheduling as necessary
- Manage meeting logistics which includes booking of venue and securing associated facilities (IT equipment, banquet, etc.).
- Manage business travel including flights, accommodation and ground transportation as required and in accordance with in-house travel policy. This includes preparing a comprehensive itinerary for each trip.
- Manage end-to-end preparation for meetings which includes collating pre-reads, relevant supporting documents, greeting and ushering of visitors, obtaining security clearance where appropriate.
- Timely submission of travel expense claim reports
- Prepare and propose appropriate use of budgets on travel and or logistic arrangement
- Attending to ad-hoc requests as and when required
- Escalate urgent and other matters as appropriate to relevant area of the business, follow up as needed to ensure prompt or timely resolution
- Ensure files/documents etc. are archived for ease of retrieval as needed, ensuring appropriate confidentiality
- Experienced in providing administrative support to senior level management in a multi-national corporate environment, preferably with minimum 5 of years in experience
- Graduated in Diploma in Business Admin or equivalent
- Extremely organised with excellent time management skills
- Proficient in using all Microsoft Office suites and well-versed with IT
- Able to prioritise and maneuver around changing and conflicting priorities
- Fully energetic person who can continue delivery under work pressure
- Should be master to make good relationship with stakeholders
- Proactively managed task and always be ahead of priority and requested tasks
- Reliable, dependable and flexible - willing to 'pitch in' and ‘go the extra mile’ when required
- High standards of accuracy, quality, and attention to details
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Strong team player, able to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the team
- Professional written and verbal communication skills in English.
If you’re passionate and ambitious, rapid career progression is a reality here. And because we’re such a large firm (we employ more than 55,000 people worldwide), there are plenty of exciting opportunities for you to develop a truly extraordinary career.