Chinese Executive Chef
Hotel Overview: Nestled along the shores of the legendary Yangcheng Lake, Fairmont Yangcheng Lake is a luxury five star resort with over 80 hectares of lush parkland, recreation facilities and Yue Feng Organic Farm. The hotel features 200 guest rooms with lakeside views plus an additional 25- room VIP villa, 1,600 square meters of function space, a Willow Stream Spa and Health Club and 5 Food and Beverage Outlets, including high-end signature Chinese Restaurant.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Foster positive thinking and motivation within all Food and Beverage kitchens by giving active assistance and advice on more effective ways of running the kitchens.
- Plan in conjunction with the Executive Chef and Outlet Managers activities, promotions, and menu implementations according to the annual marketing plans.
- Ensure that all designated action points from daily briefings or bi-monthly operational meetings are being followed by the individuals concerned.
- Ensure that positive working relations with non Food and Beverage departments are fostered giving co-operation at all times.
- Be aware of and comply with all legislation affecting the operation, including licensing regulations, health regulations and fire and safety regulations.
- Assist the Executive Chef in compiling the annual marketing plans and budgets and generally maintains a good relationship with the Executive Chef.
- Ensure disciplinary and grievance procedures are properly adhered to and followed.
- Handle customer comments and complaints and take swift corrective action after consultation with the EAM Food and Beverage and department head concerned.
- Be responsible for and accountable for the overall food cost as well as kitchen supplies, kitchen energy costs and kitchen utensils.
- Find ways to improve the efficiency of the operations which will benefit our clients.
- Assist the Executive Chef in constantly finding ways to further improve the Food cost through strategic purchasing, without negatively affecting pre-determined quality standards.
- Constantly strive to reduce energy consumption through awareness campaigns within all kitchens.
- Fully responsible for the quality of all Chinese Food served throughout the hotel.
- Complete detailed checks of the entire Food and Beverage outlets serving Chinese Food during all service periods taking necessary actions to correct any deviation from quality standards.
- Conduct weekly inspections of kitchens and restaurants with minuted follow-ups.
- Prepare weekly work schedule for his subordinates.
- Plan, co-ordinate and supervise all Chinese menu implementations in a timely manner and proper documentation.
- Assist in the preparation and control of daily and weekly market lists.
- Constantly strive to improve kitchen operating procedures.
- Be fully responsible for the labour budget of the kitchen department.
- Propose and initiate when approved, new services and products for our guests.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the department head from time to time.
- Create and develop new dishes and recipes by keeping up with the latest market trends
- Ensure adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
- Support Hotel Committees
- Support Service Plus Recognition Program
- Ensure Employee engagement Survey Goals are met
- Ensure grooming standards are met
- Perform any tasks as assigned by the Management
- Previous experience is an asset
- Strive to exceed guest expectation and take the culinary team going from good to great. Always act in a professional manner using the company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Must have hospitality experience in China
- Must be fluent in Chinese Mandrin
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in China
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!