About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Strategize and execute long term strategic plans and tactical plans to capture business opportunities within the footprint of SCB in HK on Fixed Income asset class
- Generate financial performance for CMPS HK Fixed Income team. This will include monitoring on financial performance, frequent contacts with stakeholders to help ensure financial metric stay on track
- Responsible for advisory, product management, execution and governance of all CMPS Credit activities in HK
- Ensure CMPS HK Fixed Income team members has the necessary manpower, experience and technical know-how to drive the business
- Promote best execution platform for Fixed Income asset class
- Assist to deploy digital platform to enable scalability of Fixed Income business
- Ensure CMPS HK Fixed Income team has the necessary local country addendum and DOI to operate in the asset class
- Awareness and understanding of wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Provide the best execution platform for Wealth Management segment (for Retail Banking, Private Banking and other client segments, where applicable) in the markets it serves
- Ownership of CMPS Credit product management
People and Talent
- Ensure CMPS HK Fixed Income team has a highly trained and experienced pool of specialists/dealers
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control patterns
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitable skilled and qualified for the roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risk
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility for team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also an awareness and understanding of the main risk facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Identify, monitor, manage and control business, operations, governance and compliance risk with regards to CMPS HK Fixed Income business
- Ensure conformity with the relevant internal and external rules and regulations
Our Ideal Candidate
- Licensing qualifications under HKMA: Type 1 and Type 4
- Substantial experience in trade dealing and execution in Wealth management/Retail Banking/Private Banking
- Strong Fixed Income/Credit Product knowledge
- Solid managerial experience in leading a team.
- Fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin, English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.