Location:6315 36 ST SE, Calgary, Alberta T2C 2C4 Canada
Tired of being locked down in an office all day? Are you looking for the flexibility to self manage, plan, and execute your day-to-day workload?
Would you like the chance to work in a culture that embraces innovation and promotes growth opportunities?
If so, then this opportunity is the one for you!
U-Haul is the number one do-it-yourself moving company and is looking for energetic and passionate self-starters to maximize service and profitability by working side by side in the local community with independent business leaders to market and push our U-Haul brand and services.
As an Area Field Manager you will have an assigned route within the community and you will work as a partner with up to 35 local businesses to marriage our U-Haul brand with their brand to create, develop, and grow U-Haul dealers.
The Area Field Manager will be responsible for actively promoting the U-Haul brand to a variety of business types to serve our customers and to educate independent business leaders on the benefits and advantages of becoming a U-Haul dealer.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Prospect for, open, and grow new dealerships
• Develop and follow a detailed business plan to improve the market area and promote brand awareness
• Develop and manage business relationships with dealership teams while providing professional development insight, and guidance to dealers in your market
• Perform market analysis to effectively expand the dealer network into other potential markets
• Perform profit and loss (P&L) analysis and audit rental records and contracts
• Allocate rental equipment and furnish supplies and instructions necessary to operate a U-Haul dealership
• Service and properly maintain U-Haul equipment and displays to ensure operational readiness
• Complete inspection reports to ensure U-Haul equipment is in good operating condition
• Operate a properly stocked and maintained service rig that will be used to perform minor maintenance, transportation and distribution of U-Haul trucks, trailers and equipment and to arrange for the recovery of lost, stolen, or abandoned U-Haul equipment
• Open and replace unproductive dealers
• Very Competitive Salary
• Excellent Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Stock Ownership Plan, Vacation & more
• Monthly Bonus Potential
• Military Veterans highly encouraged to apply
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
• Adhere to all local state and federal vehicular regulations while driving
• Vehicle towing experience is a plus
U-Haul drivers that operate service vehicles and/or rental trucks with a GVWR of 10,001 lbs. or more or a combination of vehicles (truck and trailer) with a GCWR of 10,001 lbs. or more are required to have a driver qualification file. A medical certificte from a federally registered medical examiner must be obtained to be a U-Haul CMV driver.
High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia and Washington). This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.