Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Drives delivers a complete range of drives, motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. Our mission is to be an expert in automated industrial systems, to focus on reliability in our partnerships and to know our customers’ requirements by heart. Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service team solves a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions. Is this exactly what you are looking for? Then join as in a combined role of a Service Coordinator (60-80%) & Field Service Engineer (20-40%). You will play a key role in the coordination and execution of service projects and activities while acting as the single point of contact for the external customer and internal stakeholders such as supplier. The place of work for this position is flexible - it can be in Baden AG or Morges VD plus also combined with home office.
- Coordinating and planning all service assignments and activities, including the provision of necessary resources, spare parts and logistics for on-site service jobs
- Advising customers on various service solutions and providing a seamless service order process from quotation to invoicing and cash collection
- Delivering outstanding and professional service on-site or remote technical support for installation and commissioning of equipment and routine maintenance independently, identifying technical problems and making analysis through remote or on-site activity
- Managing all required reporting and documentation and overseeing the timely registration of necessary data in the system
- Establishing long-term customer relationships by understanding customer requirements and providing specialist support and solutions. Even exceeding customer expectations by understanding and anticipating current and potential needs
- Collaborating with other, international ABB teams and supplier units to harmonize service activities and to maximize our service level at every opportunity
- Identifying and developing potential business opportunities and improvement initiatives in products, services and processes to enhance operations and customer service
- Technical education, complemented with a higher degree (TS/HF/FH) and ideally, further qualification in a commercial area
- More than three years of professional experience in an electrical discipline, preferably in drive technology
- Sound knowledge of and hands-on experience in service and commissioning
- High self-motivation, independent and solution-oriented way of working
- Proven communication skills to manage customer requests professionally and proactively
- Good language skills in German and English, French or Italian would be an advantage