Field Service Engineer
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer, for our Perth Regional branch. This role acts as a technical liaison between the Cummins field service organization and the Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing organizations to identify, define, prioritize and address product issues, as well as, to implement both short-term and long-term solutions.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Guides the investigation of products or system problems, understands causal mechanisms and failure modes, recommends appropriate action, and documents results. Applies and supports product problem solving processes to enable high-quality repair events.
- Actively participates in engineering discussions, helps to identify root cause, identify data to be collected for analysis, recommends and prescribes field tests and corrective actions.
- Leads consensus with technical experts to make proactive engineering solutions, in the area of failure analysis and data trends, to implement final product resolutions to reduce customer downtime. Anticipates potential product or process issues in the field and delivers robust technical solutions.
- Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
- Represents Cummins to our end user as the bridge for technical concerns and communication with the engineering team
- Creates and conducts concise, clear, high-level presentations of technical issues supported by data, analysis and test results
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- College, university, or equivalent Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
- Previous work experience as a Senior or Lead Engineer in power generation industry is highly desirable, with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and providing quality solutions
- Proven track record of technical report writing, in particular failure analysis reports, using problem solving methods, failed parts transfer processes, data management tools, and project management practices to effectively and efficiently improve the reliability of the product.
- Proficient in using 7 step problem solving process and Fault tree analysis – Six Sigma experience would be advantageous
Compensation and Benefits
Annual salary (commensurate with experience). Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program . Income protection insurance. Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles. Annual remuneration reviews. Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided and a range of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.