At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP’s Kamloops office is currently seeking a Materials Field Technician to join their team. Reporting to the Manager, the successful candidate will be joining a fast-paced group. This is a seasonal position that could lead to future full-time opportunities.
The successful candidate will spend their time both in the field on construction job sites, and in the materials laboratory completing construction materials tests. At each site, they could be involved in:
• Executing on-site concrete spot tests which includes casting cylinders, slump test, air content tests, and reporting
• Executing soil sampling, asphalt hot-mix sampling on site
Monitoring and compaction testing of soil during earthwork placement programs
• Some in-lab work, such as testing cylinders, wash-sieve analysis, Proctor test and etc
• The technicians will interact with the on-site clients (contractors) to provide excellent service and a quick response to their testing need
The Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities We Seek
• Must be comfortable in the field on construction project sites
• Must have strong people skills, and ability to work with wide variety of staff and clients
• Must be able to communicate (verbally/writing) in English
• Ideally concrete/soils/asphalt testing experience would be advantageous
• Strong general math skills
• AScT designation is an asset
• Must have a valid Canadian driver’s license
• Must have own vehicle (mileage allowance will be provided)
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it's a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit [...]