Finance Business Partner Global Distribution & Logistics
Job ID R0023878 Date posted 11/02/2020 Location Zurich, Switzerland
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Finance Business Partner Global Distribution & Logistics- at our Zurich office.
- As a member of the Global Distribution & Logistic leadership team, influence and shape business decisions and drive the D&L network strategy deployment (including leading and managing global business cases)
- Drive and shape an optimal reporting infrastructure (cost centers, accounts, profit centers, KPIs) that create business performance transparency throughout the global company
- Guide the GD&L organization to build stretched business plans to meet the synergy target and all other financial commitments through insights, focus & strategic choices. Lead the monthly performance dialogue (incl. R&O), strategic analysis and fact based decision making to drive value creation.
- Influence and drive the IT systems set-up and integration (SAP, JDE, C3ME, BW, HFM) to serve the global logistic needs and ensure no disruption to the business.
- Responsible for GD&L SOX compliance and ensure critical controls for Takeda are performed via the operation teams (e.g. Distribution Center Inventory Reconciliations)
- Finance Business Partner for an organization with approx. 100 FTE’s and functional spend of 25 OY and Logistic Cost of 150 OY
- Keep an oversight of the company wide D&L cost of approx. 300 OY.
Geographic : Global scope for Distribution & Logistic in one of the most complex environments:
- Freight forwarder in 11 countries, and approximately 100 receiving countries with approx. 1500 lanes.
- Close to 1,000 cost centers globally across 70 legal entities.
- Interactions at global scope and senior management within GMS and with various management units within GMS and Commercial.
- Lead monthly closing, reporting and bi-annual budget cycles for GD&L. Explore forecasting and tracking models to improve the logistic volume and cost predictions. Perform relevant analyses and draw conclusions to improve business performance and/or controlling processes
- Drive business cases for and supports the Global D&L organization to optimize the distribution network.
- Drive and guide distribution network cases, as well as parts of the distribution dashboard - reporting tool on defined KPIs. Ensure transparency on the overall Global Distribution & Logistics costs and performance.
- Create and maintain a distribution cost “database” to benchmark Takeda distribution performance (e.g. Power BI) and drive improvements.
- Ensure financial / data integrity and compliance with an effective and sustainable internal control framework. Drive the compliant reporting for transportation cost across GMS, aligned with Commercial and Corporate Finance.
- Responsible for GD&L operations compliance with Takeda internal (global and local specific) controls (i.e. US GAAP, IFRS, US SOX) from the finance perspective
- Influence and drive the optimization of the IT systems set-up (SAP, JDE, C3ME, BW, HFM) to serve the global logistic needs and ensure no disruption to the business.
- Drive the integration of financial processes, systems and behaviors.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Strong knowledge on logistics and the related accounting / reporting.
- Strong knowledge on developing logistics models to better evaluate cost performance.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting under IFRS and US-GAAP (SOX).
- Strong knowledge of financial business case modeling, scenario planning and financial business partnering tools/approaches.
- Strong knowledge of systems (ERPs, HFM, TM1); particularly SAP, JDE, C3ME, TM1
- Knowledge on volume planning / S&OP processes
- Part of GD&L leadership team, driving regional/global business cases and influence strategic choices
- Position will need to work closely and influence/guide with senior GMS stakeholders/ business- and finance partners.
- Provide guidance to other GSC team members to facilitate business alignment for logistic expenses
- Be able to identify the GD&L operational impact to other departments and collaborate as needed to create transparency
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Position will be expected to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Position will be expected to provide guidance to business partners / finance teams and drive the right decisions to ensure GD&L achieves it targets.
- Will interact extensively with GD&L and other Supply Chain and non-finance personnel. Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) will be important to interact with colleagues across the world.
- Will serve as Finance Business Partner to the Above Site GD&L Leads. Will serve as a “back-up” to the Finance Lead GSC and occasionally present financial information to the GSC Leadership Team.
- Will serve as liaison between the operations team and the broader finance community.
- Position will require the ability to question the status quo and to come up with more efficient and effective ways to execute the related financial processes.
- Highly complex organization, complex logistic flows through >100 Legal Entities, various ERP system
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in BA, Accounting or Finance and 7 or more years of relevant experience in the Pharma industry
- Experience influencing Global business partners, specially within the logistics field (transportation and warehousing)
- Knowledge on volume planning processes (S&OP, Demand, Supply)
- Demonstrated experience in big multinational, cross-functional and multicultural organizations
- Experience on (post-)integration processes
- Previous budgeting, planning and variance analysis experience.
- Strong business acumen and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals which are non-finance managers
- Comfortable in presentations and communication with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively influence and drive consensus across Global cross functional teams and can interact with all levels of management
- Knowledge of SOX controls and GAAP accounting principles, especially manufacturing accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI)
- Experience with ERP Systems (SAP, JDE, Oracle), TM1 (Fit4Plan) and Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM) is required
- Ability to interpret contractual language to extract information related to price calculation, expense ownership, and operational services
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
Excellent conditions & benefits including generous days annual holidays.
Opportunity to work with a world leader in the pharmaceutical sector.
Ideally located in Glattpark (Opfikon) - Zurich HQ
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D- driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Job ID R0023878