Project Financial Analyst III
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
- #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Supports Business Unit Controller in:
- Records revenue each month for Unit, Fee for Service and Fixed Price contracts; Assignments include more complex contracts/projects;
- Loads project budgets into Oracle/Revenue Wizard and maintaining key member lists (project set up) and other project data in Oracle and associated systems and schedules;
- Prepares project level actual versus budget/forecast variance analysis monthly as well as monthly reports for distribution in analyzing monthly results;
- Coordinates monthly forecasting of financial results (backlog);
- Meets established deadlines for Revenue and Backlog submittals.
- Timely preparation of project close out reconciliations including issue identification and escalation, if necessary;
- Serves as a key contact point for interpretation and investigation of financial results in assigned area for Project Manager(s)/Project Lead(s);
- Runs P&Ls (Profit and Loss),G/L (General Ledger) account details, and Project level reports in order to assist in the investigation of anomalies and unusual trends; and
- Reviews executed Work Orders and Change Orders as well as pending Change Orders for bonus and anomalies.
- Works with Business Unit Controller to:
- Captures, assess and consolidate results;
- Prepares key reports such as annual cost and expense budgets, cost rates, cost and expense forecasting, monthly utilization, headcount , revenue backlog analysis, and/or gross profit for assigned area;
- Analyzes monthly results and assists Business Unit Controller in reviews with Business Unit Heads to evaluate performance on a monthly basis; and
- Produces ad hoc reports with limited supervision.
- Attends project meetings as applicable to support assigned areas. Attends project kick-off meetings to capture and process relevant data for set up of newly awarded projects onto financial systems and schedules. Attends monthly project review (MPRs) meetings to ensure understanding/concurrence of project status, potential issues and the accuracy of the forecast.
- Assists Business Unit Controller and Finance Department with other miscellaneous projects such as assessing changes to processes; assisting in new system implementations and testing; analyzing unique financial anomalies.
- Provides basic financial insights to business growth trends and profitability in assigned area.
- Monitors the overall health of assigned projects including but not limited to revenues, gross profit, receivables, and unbilled amounts as well as project close outs and reconciliations.
- Acts as back up for Business Unit Controller in supporting and responding to requests received from project managers and others as needed.
What we’re looking for
- BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent education and experience.
- Pharmaceutical or CRO experience preferred.
- Strong English proficiency.
- Proficiency with accounting software packages.
- Experience with Oracle Finance is preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.
- Excellent financial, communication, and interpersonal skills are as well as a high level of personal motivation to achieve.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive data.
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines is necessary.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
*This position not open to Colorado applicants
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.