Excellent opportunity to join one of Ireland’s longest established construction firms, as Financial Controller, reporting directly to the Managing Director. Role will involve:
- Strategic support to the team, working closely with the MD in the ongoing development of the business
- Performance measurement, WIP reporting, and business planning
- Financial reporting for multiple entities, and tax compliance for the Group
- Contracts and margin management
- Team Management – managing a small team in transaction processing, payroll, AP, AR
- Cash and working capital management
- Systems and process improvement
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Managing external relationships (Auditors, Banks, Insurance Brokers & Grant Agencies)
Requirements for this Role
Successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Qualified Accountant with min 5 years PQE
- UK Construction sector experience
- Demonstrated track record of supporting a business commercially and strategically, with ability and ambition to progress to Head of Finance/ Finance Director level in time.
- Must have excellent people and leadership skills.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading construction firm with HQ in the West of Ireland and operations throughout Ireland and UK primarily.
Attractive remuneration package will apply.