Req. ID: 191683
Recruiter: JEFFERY CHU
As a (Senior) Firmware Engineer(FTL) at Micron Technology, Inc., you will use your specialized knowledge of Micron proprietary methods of designing and manufacturing semiconductor memory devices to carry out your responsibilities as a member of the firmware engineering team. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of new firmware features, testing and debugging the new features in a variety of development stages. You will contribute to system-level design concepts and work with the hardware team to bring-up and validate new designs, in module level and E2E full data path. You will be involved in Solid State Drive (SSD) production firmware team to design, implement and evaluate SSD firmware features to support application requirements.
• Design, implement and optimize NVMe/SATA SSD FTL and/or Common Service firmware features under embedded multi-processor architecture.
• Design, implement and evaluate SSD firmware features to support application requirements.
• Perform failure analysis by using various tools and equipment to identify issues, duplicate problems and fix the issues using corrective action.
• Post-silicon firmware bring-up, integration and performance optimization.
• PCIe and NVMe feature validation and implementation in SSD firmware development.
• FTL scheme concept design and implementation in E2E data path.
• NAND specific firmware requirement design.
• Using test equipment such as In-Circuit Emulators (ICE) and logic analyzer to debug firmware/hardware issues and bus analyzers to identify host interface issues.
• Work across teams/sites, which includes but not limits to: requirement analysis with architecture team, qualification strategies discussion with validation team, emergency problem solving with customer support team.
• Experienced in C development, Python will be a plus.
• Experience in Embedded platform development, SSD related design experience is a strong plus.
• Be familiar with algorithm design and development on Industrial product, ARM base or FPGA base development experience is a plus.
• Embedded system bring-up experience is a strong plus.
• Linux OS operation and driver development experience is a plus.
• Fluent oral and written English communication skill is necessary.
• BS, MS in CS, EE or similar.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748 ).
Keywords: Shanghai || Shanghai (CN-31) || China (CN) || SSD Engineering || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || Not Applicable || Special ||