Midland Transport Limited has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing superior quality service to our customers. Our services include LTL, T/L, Courier Services, and Third Party Logistics/ Brokerage which provide the convenience of one-stop shipping.
Midland Transport is currently seeking Fleet Coordinator reporting to the Linehaul Manager at the Head Office location. The selected candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a “Can Do” attitude.
Shift Available: Monday to Friday, Hours - TBD
- Education Required: Trade Certification or Associate’s Degree
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years of experience in a Dispatch/Operations role
- Solid interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision under pressure and time constraints
- Knowledge of computerized dispatch systems – AS400, ICC Logistics an asset
- Day-to-day communication, via phone and satellite, with an assigned fleet of drivers to ensure proper load instructions are passed along and carried out
- Manage service concerns, as required, to limit exposure and minimize impact to the customer
- Coordinate with Planners to keep them updated on any issues within the fleet
- Update trip records in the dispatch system ensuring accuracy of miles, paid accessorials, and log hours
- Assist other dispatch staff as required during spikes in workload
- Assist Planners by preparing and analyzing various Linehaul reports as required
- Provide Drivers with the right information and equipment in order to make the entire customer experience positive from start to finish