Job Title: Foundation Foreman
Business Unit: Minto Communities Managament Inc.
Why join Minto?
We are an award-winning, fully integrated real estate company - proudly creating better places for people to live, work and play for over 60 years. With expertise in home building, construction and property and investment management, we’ve built over 85,000 new homes, manage 15,000 multi-residential units and carry 2.7 million square feet of commercial space. Our investment management portfolio spans $2.9 billion in assets.
Our business is comprised of four divisions with operations in major cities spanning across Canada and the United States. As we continue to evolve and grow, we believe in hiring the best people who are as committed to creating incredible experiences for our customers as we are. We offer incredible benefits and career growth for our employees including a competitive total rewards package, Minto Learning Centre courses, tuition reimbursement, and flexible summer hours in many locations and much more. Join us to find out how you can be a part of it all!
The Foundation Foreman is responsible to manage all of the excavation, foundations and flat work for each unit in their respective project ensuring the highest level of quality and maintain schedule with emphasis on achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction and upholding all of Minto’s core values. The Foundation Foreman is also responsible to coordinate exterior landscape completions including sod and driveways. Accountabilities also include developing and maintaining positive relationships with trades while holding them accountable for their obligations as well as ensuring site cleanliness and safety for all workers and staff by enforcing Minto’s Health and Safety guidelines.
What you’ll be responsible for day to day:
- Initiate opportunities to assist our home owners in order to provide an exceptional customer experience;
- Ensure all interactions with homeowners are professional and customer focused to maintain a positive relationship with the homeowner through the entire construction process
- Responsible for managing the full excavation, footing, foundation, and flatwork process of assigned homes.
- Responsible for exterior completions, including coordination of curb, sidewalk, driveways and sod installation
- Ensure that all sub trades and buildings meet and adhere to the Ontario Health and Safety Codes and Minto Health and Safety policies;
- Accountable for delivering within the construction budget for their unit/lots;
- Ensure all construction documents required to build units are available, complete and understood;
- Walk all homes on a daily basis to identify and resolve imperfections, Building Code is adhered to, and Homebuyer options and extras are complied with. Ensure adherence to the trade scopes of work and Minto Specifications and take corrective action as necessary;
- Maintain and update construction schedule and collaborate with Minto Foremen and Site Supervisor to ensure timely construction completions per the business requirements;
- Ensure timely confirmation of completion of trade work to release payment;
- Monitor all daily trade functions including, timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work to ensure their work complies with Ontario Building Code, Minto drawings and specifications
- Respond to requests from all sub trades on materials, installations and concerns;
- Review and confirm architectural changes and customer extras on drawings and plans;
- Schedule and attend all necessary municipal inspections. Assist Inspectors with the completion of the review, and rectify issues as required;
- Schedule and coordinate consultant inspections including geotechnical and structural engineers
- Work with MasterCare to ensure quality production of home construction and ensure customer expectations are met;
- Responsible for mentoring and developing direct reports and new employees including performance management and development planning
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management
Who we’re looking for:
Education: A College Diploma or equivalent is required (i.e. Architectural Technologist, Civil Engineering Technologist).
Experience: A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of relevant construction work experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Computer experience is an asset including knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of SAP and asset
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent leadership and skills including the ability to mentor and develop others
- Conflict resolution skills
- Attention to detail
- Skills in relationship building with established broad network of contacts including staff, trade partners, inspectors and suppliers
- Organizational and time management skills
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Building Codes and Health & Safety Regulations
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.