Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. That means we only need an image of your ID and a selfie to prove that you’re you. In doing so, we help millions of people connect to the services they need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s renting a car or opening a bank account. Our vision is to create an open world where identity is the key to access.
We've received over $200 million in funding from world-class tech investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, Salesforce to back our vision. And we're just getting started.
We’re looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to help us evolve our current product offering!
You’ll join a talented and friendly team which loves to delight its customers with quality and robust code. We care about user and developer experience and we work in an agile way to regularly ship code to production.
We’re creating a more open world, where identity is the key to access.
Our AI-based technology assesses whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compares it against their facial biometrics. That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Barclays, Babylon Health, BlaBlaCar the assurance they need to onboard customers remotely and securely.
The Technology Team
We are over 100 technologists at Onfido. We range from machine learning scientists and product designers to mobile, back-end, front-end and test engineers. The challenges are varied and it's easy to stay hungry as opportunities are plenty. Tech teams are cross functional which gives them a great degree of independence.
Your future team: Customer Acquisition & Experience
Our team focuses on delivering great experiences to our customers. We work on three stages of the customer experience: the first contact customers have with Onfido, trialling and onboarding, and finally managing customers’ live integrations with Onfido. Our team develops the customer Dashboard, Demo App showcasing our SDKs, developer documentation, Onfido.com website and Design System. The tech stack covers everything from React, GraphQL, React Native through to TypeScript, Gatsby and Emotion.
Want to know more about the role, team or Onfido?
Contact our Talent team on email@example.com who are happy to put you in touch with Ola Sitarska, Engineering Lead for the Client Acquisition & Experience team. She can answer any questions you may have before you get the process started.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code.
- React and Redux for frontend work.
- TensorFlow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision.
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services.
- AWS for underlying infrastructure.
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options in Onfido, through our equity schemes. Share options have a one year cliff and start vesting after probation over a four year period*
- 25 days holiday
- Two paid volunteering days per year.*
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance through Alan - Onfido pays 60% of the cost.
- Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
- 50% commute reimbursement up to €40 per month.
- Generous paid parental leave
- Free mental health coaching provided online.
- Life enrichment allowance of up to €95 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare and therapy.
- Dedicated learning opportunities, a team training budget for training and conferences
- Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnFriday); holding quarterly team socials; with our annual company launch week where we all gather from across the globe in London to regroup for the year ahead.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Please note: Onfidoers are all working from home for the time being. We also have switched to a virtual recruitment process and all our Newfidos will be onboarding remotely. Stay Safe!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.