Full-stack Developer – Enterprise Data Management
Enterprise Data Management is looking for a Senior Full-stack Developer to aid with developing tools for data discovery, documentation and ownership. EDM is currently maintaining data.booking.com as a core product.
Understanding the full stack web development—from handling backend services data requests to providing a great user experience—is vitally important in this role.
We need a self-starter who is great at solving problems, who can initiate discussions, is solutions-oriented, customer-focused, and believes that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools. We are looking for:
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages: Java and Python.
- Experience with relational data storage and SQL.
- Experience working on a command line in a Linux/Shell environment.
- Proficiency with the current Booking.com back-end tech stack.
- Self-starters with a collaborative, “can-do” attitude and solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate learners who aren’t afraid of new tools and technologies to build great end-to-end customer experience.
The following skills would also be valuable for this role, but are not required as long as you’re open-minded and willing to learn:
- Experience with one or more of the following: Kubernetes and AWS SDK.
- Experience with hadoop and kafka queues.
As a Full Stack Developer in Enterprise Data Management, you are responsible for:
- Implementing product features and services for data management purposes.
- Supporting our developers in designers with the implementation of back-end related pieces of the tooling built within the team.
- Building solutions that scale in long-term and that are aligned with the global tech strategy of the company.
- Providing ongoing support for other developers and designers across the company regarding the topics of your responsibility.