Blanc Labs is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer, who will be implementing and supporting scalable cloud applications that transform our customers’ business. To excel in this role, you will need a strong background in both frontend and backend development while translating vital business needs into code and drive innovation for our clients in a collaborative agile work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be part of a team that helps our clients build a new vision for their company
- Collaborate within an agile cross-functional scrum team of technical and business stakeholders to deliver exceptional applications for our clients
- Develop cloud-native web applications that are scalable, responsive, and secure
- Automate unit test to ensure code coverage and deliver exceptional code quality
- Participate with the development team in code reviews to assess software logic and design patterns
- Execute initial design and development of new software or perform extensive revisions to existing code base
- Produce detailed specification and documentation
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs and processes as necessary
- Actively seek out knowledge about new technologies to solve current and future technical challenges
- Be comfortable with occasional overtime work to deliver project milestones
Skills and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- The right combination of education and experience; A solid SDLC understanding through a degree in Computer Science or related fields, as well as 5+ years of experience developing applications with the following characteristics:
o Creation of microservices in Java 8 using Spring Boot with the use of different modules such as Spring Data, Spring Security, or Spring Cloud.
o Implementation of authentication & authorization protocols such as OAuth 2.0 and 2-Way SSL
o Build of Restful APIs and its documentation using swagger.
o Creation and maintenance of unit tests under JUnit using mocks frameworks such Mockito or PowerMock.
o Knowledge of responsive web design and Bootstrap
- Knowledge of relational database engines such as MySQL or Oracle.
o Handling of DDL and DML statements under SQL.
- Cloud development experience with AWS and Azure.
- Handling images and service containers using docker.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Experience with distributed version control system based on git such GitHub or GitLab.
- Previous experience in FinTech is a plus.
- Experience on Node.js is a plus.
If you share our core values, consider growing your career at Blanc Labs:
Empower Each Individual
- I know our people are the source of our success
- I encourage and motivate our people to grow further
- I tolerate mistakes, so we learn from them
- I create opportunities for our smart, self-motivated, proactive, and collaborative people
- I am honest, trustworthy, and transparent
- I take responsibility for our actions and our results
Focus on Results
- I demonstrate Start-To-Finish Ownership
- I lead my work and show others the way
- I evaluate my work by results
- I believe in result-driven meritocracy
- I take pride in my accomplishments
Act as a Team
- We value our diversity
- We communicate openly and transparently
- We listen, collaborate, and take initiatives to grow together
- We encourage the best ideas to come from anyone
- We are humble and take greater pride in team accomplishment
Collaborate with Partners
- We genuinely care for the success of our partners
- We collaborate seamlessly with our partners
- We build long term partnership relationships by delivering quality and superior value
- We strive to understand our partners’ business and needs
- We are responsive, responsible, and honest in our partnership engagements
- We consider our clients as our partners
Strive for Excellence
- We want to achieve the highest standards of excellence
- We constantly challenge ourselves to learn, develop, and improve
- We nurture creation and innovation, in any form and shape
- We succeed by continuously solving our partners’ problems better than anyone else
Blanc Labs accelerates innovation for financial institutions and other industry leaders through a core focus on emerging technologies. Headquartered in Toronto, the firm builds cutting-edge technology in full partnership with clients in North & South America. We empower clients to enhance their digital offerings and bring creative solutions to market faster. Learn more at [...] Labs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.