Posting Date: Feb 25, 2021
Primary Location: Non-Japan Asia-India-Karnataka-Bengaluru
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. We advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. We provide you a superior foundation for building a professional career where you can learn, achieve and grow.
Technology/Role/Department at Morgan Stanley
Technology is the key differentiator that ensures that we manage our global businesses and serve clients on a market-leading platform that is resilient, safe, efficient, smart, fast and flexible. Technology redefines how we do business in global, complex and dynamic financial markets. We have a large number of award winning technology platforms that help to propel our Firmâs businesses to be the top in the market. Our India technology teams are based in Mumbai and Bengaluru. We have built strong techno-functional teams which partner with our offices globally taking global ownership of systems and products. We have a vibrant and diverse mix of technologists working on different technologies and functional domains. There is a large focus on innovation, inclusion, giving back to the community and sharing knowledge.
Corporate & Funding (CFT) Technology division supports Prime Brokerage, Funding & Counterparty Risk, Operations, Finance and Firm Risk clients across the globe. Firm Risk Management (FRM) Technology department is part of CFT. The department is responsible for developing and overseeing the enterprise strategy and bespoke technology solutions to comply with international regulatory frameworks for calculating regulatory capital levels, enforcing risk governance, and providing comprehensive reporting and disclosure. The department is executing an ongoing program of work to extend the capabilities of the Firm Risk platform to meet both internal and external requirements. The clients include Risk Managers and Middle Office stake holders responsible for managing the Firm's Market, Credit and Operational risk.
Legal Compliance & Corporate Governance (LCG) Technology provides operational controls and surveillance capabilities to enhance the firmâs resilience to threats and fraudulent behavior.Our support of critical business functions extends to archival & records management, business continuity planning and due diligence investigations.
This role is part of the Financial Advisor Monitoring and Registration Department, within LCG. This team supports the Compliance division with tools and applications to assist them with their task of monitoring Financial Advisor compliance with the Firmâs policies and procedures.
As a Full Stack Java Developer, you will be responsible for hands-on development experience in Java, J2EE, Web Services, SQL databased development, UI Frameworks and Technologies across all phases of the software development lifecycle and assisting Project Managers and Business Analysts in product delivery. The ideal candidate should have the skills listed below but in addition should be a self-driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks and acts strategically. When faced with a problem, the candidate should be able to ask questions and leverage the skills and expertise of those around them.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and support of multiple applications
- Translate high-level business requirements on multiple, complex requests into detailed functional, technical, and/or system specifications
- Test so
Required technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience as a software developer and/or other similar relevant experience
- 3-8 Years of industry experience and strong experience with JAVA Development
- Established technical knowledge in software development methodologies and implementation utilizing Java technology stack.
- Experience with Angular
- Solid understanding of relational databases (DB2, Sybase) is required
- Strong experience with SQLdatabase development
- Established technical knowledge in software development life cycle and agile methodologies
Required Personal Skills:
- Good communication skills and will be able to work within an international team
- Self-motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, demanding and team-orientated environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Capable of collaborating effectively across a variety of IT and Business groups, across regions and different roles
- Good customer service skills. Ability to deal with difficult situations/individuals gracefully
- Experience with DB2
- Strong experience with source control tools and common IDEs like Eclipse.
- A strong understanding of Agile/Scrum and ability to deliver solutions using TDD, BDD
- Experience with Jenkins, CI, Sonar and any test automation tools like Cucumber or Selenium
- Knowledge of Autosys, Unix commands and scripting
- Knowledge of Financial Services