About INVIVO, A Red Nucleus Company
We are a multi-dimensional agency that caters to the life sciences space where our purpose is to improve the quality of life by accelerating the understanding of science. Since 1998, we've been pioneering the integration of technology and creative visualization into communication that connects people and science. As a Digital Scientific Communications agency, we are committed to meeting our global healthcare client’s needs through:
- Insightful medical strategy
- Compelling scientific storytelling
- Illumination of data through visualization and interaction
- Digital solutions that use the best in leading edge technology
We have won over 150 industry awards including medical animations, AR/VR, data visualizations, medical games, and holography delivered on the latest digital devices and at major medical conferences around the world.
Our culture is not typical or ordinary, and we aim to keep it that way. At INVIVO, A Red Nucleus Company, we believe in providing a rich working environment, one filled with challenge that pushes us to innovate in ways that captures the imagination. Our culture is about fun, meaningful work and a true sense of community.
As an essential addition to the existing development team, the Full Stack Development Team Lead will lead and work closely with a group of talented developers to build a variety of apps and platforms that enable visualization of medical information and devices, healthcare tools, and state of the art 3D medical animation. Some key attributes of the role are:
- Reporting to the Technical Director, develop innovative applications using modern web-based technologies tailored to the needs of the global pharmaceutical and medical device industry.
- Provide technical leadership to the web development team through the full software development lifecycle including hands-on design, development, and code review sessions.
- Ensure the development team delivers high quality software leveraging best practices, industry standards and best of breed tools.
- Partner closely with our design and UX teams, to produce intuitive applications that provide a seamless user experience.
- Be able to think BIG and deliver iteratively at the same time.
- Provide iterative technical and architectural guidance to others.
- Be great at communicating ideas, as well as considering other’s ideas.
- Actively lead and participate in hands-on design, development, and code review sessions.
- Provide guidance on how to create easily testable and maintainable software.
- Work with the team to continually improve the CI/CD pipeline.
- Create and maintain documentation of infrastructure, best practices, and technical solutions.
- Socialise existing and new innovative technologies, trends, architecture patterns, best practices, and platform foundations.
- Rapidly build proof of concepts that quickly validates concepts and ideas.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in leading a development team including providing technical leadership, creating solution designs, guiding and mentoring junior team members.
- Ability to liaise with non-development team leads in work prioritization, scoping & estimation and solutioning discussions.
- Full SDLC responsibilities including writing specs, designing and implementing code, testing, and deployments.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent software development experience.
- Experience ( > 6 years)
- Experience building apps for iOS and Android with hybrid app frameworks is a plus (e.g. PhoneGap, Ionic).
- Strong knowledge of design principles – OOD, Design Patterns, N-tier architecture, TDD.
- Strong understanding of CMS systems (e.g. Drupal, Sitecore etc).
- Strong knowledge of web architecture and best practices: client/server separation of concerns, design patterns and techniques for client-side applications (MV*, component-based architectures, dependency injection), integration with RESTful APIs, writing maintainable, testable code etc
- Experience (> 4 years)
- Building client/server interactions using defined schemas such as JSON API.
- Experience in NodeJS framework & libraries, build tools and their role in the software deployment life cycle.
- Translating visual designs into HTML, CSS.
- Web API / .Net Core development.
- Solid understanding and Exposure in MVC.
- Implementation experience of UX and UI integration with an emphasis on maximizing usability.
- Able to deliver solutions using iterative software development methodologies like SCRUM, Kanban.
- Familiarity with database technologies – SQL Server, NoSQL etc.
- Experience (> 2 year)
- Writing automated tests
- Unit testing preferably MS Test. NUnit, Jasmine/Karma.
- Nice to have
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
Check us out at [...] are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.