When you join Abcam, you will have the opportunity to work with a purpose driven life sciences organisation undergoing an exceptionally exciting digital revolution.
We are ambitious. We are digitally evolving and need exceptional talent to help us drive that journey. We will design, architect and develop the prototype into a product, make it manufacturable, listen to customers and turn it profitable. The hub is a unique blend of a digital, start-up environment, within a purpose-driven organisation, achieving our objective of serving life scientists to achieve their mission, faster.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
We all have clear goals to reach at Abcam, and we’re encouraged to be original in how we get there. No matter your role, be it a Credit Controller or a Lab Technician or Solution Architect, we know that tried-and-tested doesn’t always mean best.
Dare to be different, dare to be ambitious, and you’ll help us change the game in our industry. About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer for our omnichannel platform, that brings a broad set of technical skills and product achievements, a development and customer focused mindset to solving problems, and bring news ideas and digital thinking into our global engineering capability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with team members and engineering peers to design, deploy and operate new world class digital products and platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, architecture, design and peer engineering groups to implement the platforms and products required to support our vision and digital strategy
- Work with internal and external partners and vendors to design and develop a roadmap for the evolution of our software engineering strategy
- Work with internal teams and vendors to manage our growth around the globe, with a strong focus on delivering our customer objectives and key results
- Collaborate with members of the global Abcam team to implement and support aspiring strategic efforts, provide constructive feedback, and foster a collaborative environment of product and engineering excellence
- Actively engage with internal teams to develop our software architecture, frameworks and tools to drive quality, accuracy and agility.
- Significant software engineering experience; demonstrable technical experience in systems design, improving customer experience and engagement, and iterative design and continuous delivery.
- Experience designing and deploying solutions for B2C and B2B segments and globally distributed customer facing platforms
- Strong knowledge of Magento, MuleSoft or similar integration and API platforms, Cloud (AWS) and Serverless Computing
- Able to articulate and demonstrate how to use software development techniques and methods to deliver new digital solutions
- Self-starter and able to collaborate and manage efforts with teams across geography and time zones; acts as an informed leader and make data-backed decisions on behalf of Abcam
- Be a curious, audacious and not afraid to ask questions and challenge the way things are done today and own improvements to culture and process.
- Inform, educate and develop team members and peers to grow expertise, develop alignment and encourage collaboration
- Able to present ideas and solutions concisely and in an engaging manner to both large and small audiences; comfortable working in an environment that encourages creative thinking and critical feedback of ideas
- Develop technical documentation, diagrams and templates and be rigorous in maintaining accuracy and relevancy of developed materials
- Passionate about driving engineering culture and delivering engineering excellence.
If you thrive within a transformative, fast-paced start up environment, which is part of a very successful business, then we’d love to hear from you. We are on an incredibly exciting journey and if you’d like to be part of it, then apply today.
In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer our multi-award-winning global share purchase plan, AbShare, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.