About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Experience in Java, JSON API, Spring boot, Apache tomcat, Webservices Openshift ,Linux shell scripts
- At least 5 years working experience in development, experience in system architecture design is preferred
- Experience with industry leading databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL and strong in writing SQL.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues required.
- Support SIT/UAT/DR and go live activities on project level.
- Project experience using agile development method is preferred.
- Desirable Technical Skills – but not mandatory
- Experience in Openshift
- Experience with DevOps tools
- Experience in system design & capacity planning
- Experience with Atlassian products like Jira, Confluence, BitBucket
- Experience with Elastic Search, and the whole ELK stack
- Experience with NGINX as a load-balancer or reverse proxy
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Gather requirements, design, develop, test, deploy and support applications;
- Work closely with Product Owner and Scrum teams to deliver user-centric solutions for internal and external customers;
- Promote adoption and rollout of Agile and modern software engineering practices;
- Drive innovative software engineering practices and architecture design;
- Work with business and other technology teams to establish frameworks for delivering online capability;
- Ensure risks, issues, costs and schedules are appropriately managed following agile principles.
- Work with technology teams to co-ordinate development and create a delivery pipeline across multiple streams;
- Collaborate with core DevOps and Testing teams to build and enhance a continuous delivery pipeline;
- Constantly analyse and improve the performance and quality of the product and team;
- Able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements;
Qualification & Skills
- Strong analytical & problem solving and creative skills
- Good communication skills in both written and oral English
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the country / business unit / function/team]to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to interact with many different personalities/ stakeholders and reach consensus when necessary
- Experience with agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Extreme Programming, LeSS, SAFe)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.