CNH Industrial is a global leader in the capital goods sector with established industrial experience, a wide range of products and a worldwide presence. Each of the CNH Industrial's brands is a major international player in its specific industry: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and Steyr for tractors and agricultural machinery; Case and New Holland Construction for earth moving equipment; Iveco for commercial vehicles; Iveco Bus and Helieuz Bus for buses and coaches; Iveco Astra for quarry and construction vehicles; Magirus for firefighting vehicles; Iveco Defence Vehicles for defence and civil protection; and FPT Industrial for engines and transmissions. More information can be found on the corporate website: www.cnhindustrial.com
As Functional Safety Engineer in the Functional Safety team, you will support the development and implementation of the Functional Safety Plan for electronic control systems, consistent with project and system architecture objectives. This includes having a focus on international ISO NORMS (ISO 25119, ISO 26262 and ISO 13849), acting as a safety interface with suppliers, and supporting CNH Industrial system engineers and SW engineers to develop technical safety solutions for in-home products.
- Support the definition and maintenance of the functional safety process according to the Safety Standards (e.g. ISO61508, ISO 25119, ISO 13849)
- Understand the functional safety needs and requirements for various projects and manage the design of functional safety
- Deliver functional safety work products (Safety plan, Development Interface Agreement, Functional/Technical safety concept, Verification report, Safety case) according to the project milestones
- Act as an internal technical safety assessor
- Participate in FMEA, Hazard and Risk Analysis, and External Assessment
- Analyze component FMEAs from the suppliers.
- Support System, SW, component, testing teams to develop/design compliance with the Safety standards
- Support the safety culture within the organization
- Support the interface with suppliers to develop the development interface agreement for the functional safety development.
- Coordinate with project managers or develop plans for functional safety activities
- Master degree in Electronic/Computer/Automation Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in implementing functional safety standards (e.g. ISO61508, ISO 25119, ISO 13849, ISO 26262, EN 50128/50129/50126)
- Minimum 1 year experience in functional safety documentation (Safety plan, Functional/Technical safety concept, Verification report, Safety case)
- Minimum 1 year experience in safety Analysis (FTA, FMEA, HAZOP)
- Minimum 1 year experience in documentation management tools (e.g doors, polarion or others) and configuration management tool (e.g. SVN or other)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Competent and aware of current state-of-the-art electronic-electric technologies and is eager to stay expert in his/her domain of technology
- Understanding of Electronic-Electric Systems Engineering Process ("V" model preferred) and formal system development processes skills, focused on functional safety, proved by participation to the complete development cycle of at least one system development.
- Knowledge of structured software programming language (C, C++, Model Based) and of CAN based on-road and off-road vehicle electronic-electric architectures and system implementations
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of people /audiences
- Being able to understand technical drawings, testing, and design documents to participate in verification and validation discussions.
- Good communication skills
- Flexible, proactive and committed
- Team player
- Structured and well organized
- Fast learner