· Construct furniture samples that meet all the WSI testing requirements.
· Establish a business and technical rapport with factory management and R&D staff.
· Trouble shoot technical issues that arise during furniture sample development.
· Conduct sample in house testing during development to solve problematic material or construction issues.
· Work with vendors, merchandisers, and US counterparts during sample reviews by providing detailed product data sheets, sample review forms, cost sheets, color panels, and test results to achieve target costs and insure manufacturing efficiency, as well as product quality.
· Communicate and document all sample changes and call outs thru the product design system (PDS or Share point).
· Verify all Product Information Sheets (PIS) are 100% correct before being sent to WSI marketing.
· Check Assembly Instructions by assembling the product to ensure correct hardware size, quantity & correct assembly steps. Forward the assembly instructions to Merchandise Associates & Brand Managers for review. Revise Assembly Instruction if necessary. Send updates to Merchandise Associates & Brand Managers to be documented in the system.
· Conduct pre-production meetings at each vendor; and handover to both the vendor and WSI production teams all final approved sample details, to include; final product data sheet, final sample review form, final assembly instruction, a signed MCS, a signed MCP, packaging BOM, CAD, any approved step panels or production control panels (PCP…usually distressing white wood panels).
· Ensure the photo sample, archive samples are built based on the approved specs and the same as mass production
· Trouble shoot technical issues that arise during testing and production
· Supervise any first pilot run with the vendor and WSI production teams (white wood review, OCA)
· Work with vendors to update product drawings to reflect the latest revisions & send to Merchandise Associates to be documented in the system.
· Know WSI ISTA packing requirements.
· Know WSI furniture testing requirements.
· Know CPSIA safety requirements for children’s furniture.
· Conduct technical training and requirement to new vendors
JOB HOLDER’S COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE:
· Excellent communication and technical skills.
· Able to simplify complex technical information for non-technical individuals.
· Able to work under high pressure environment (seasonal developments).
· Ability to pay close attention to details and provide accurate information to all parties.
· Manage multiple projects and tasks.
· Must have extensive PC experience, and know Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Access.
· Must know Auto-CAD, Solidworks
· Must know digital photography and photo file management.
· At least 5-10 years relevant working experience as a furniture engineer, furniture Engineer or furniture production manager in an international company. Product development experience is a must.
· Good understanding of upholstery issues, as it pertains to leather and fabrics.
· Experienced with furniture hardware, glass, resin, and custom metal designs.
· Good written and spoken English skills.
· Independent, flexible and hard working.
· Systematic approach and good planning skills required.
· Self-Starter, Good Initiative, Team Player.
· Located for based in Semarang area, but the candidate must be opened to be moved to Surabaya area, considering the business needs.