The Game Developer is responsible for working on creating new games and updating our existing games with new content on iOS and other mobile platforms. This position will also serve as a core member of the studio’s staff, ensuring that the concepts and content of assigned games meet the requirements of PopCap’s brand and style.
- Create new games and update games with new content on iOS and other mobile platforms.
- Implement requests from the key stakeholders (Designers, Producers, QA, and Artists) to port a game product to the iOS platform as well as work cross-functionally with these stakeholders
- Develop prototypes for new game or feature concepts
- Contribute to the architecture and design of the games
- Follow project specifications to finish code on time and within requirements
Required Skills/Personal Requirements:
- 4+ years of professional game development experience with C++, with most recently on iOS
- Experience in working with multiple programming and scripting languages
- Thorough knowledge of software design concepts, 3D graphics and 3D maths
- Experience with Perforce and SVN
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate with a variety of people (Engineers, QA, Producers, Designers, and non-technical coworkers)
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams and with minimum supervision
Education and/or Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or related field
PopCap Games ( www.popcap.com ) is the worldwide leader in casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to everyone from age 6 to 106 and are available anytime, anywhere. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000 and has a worldwide staff of more than 500 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver, B.C., Dublin, Seoul, and Shanghai. Its games have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship title, Bejeweled, has sold more than 50 million units across all platforms. Constantly acclaimed by consumers and critics, PopCap’s games are played on the Web, social platforms, desktop computers, myriad mobile devices (cell phones, smartphones, PDAs, Pocket PCs, iPod, iPhone, iPad and more), popular game consoles (such as Xbox and DS), and in-flight entertainment systems. PopCap has been one of the most innovative companies in the video game industry since its inception a decade ago. Pioneering new game mechanics, sales models, and platforms ranging from mobile devices to online and location-based games of chance, PopCap is the only video game provider in the world with leading market share across the entire spectrum. PopCap joined forces with EA in 2011 expanding our capabilities.
SPECIAL NOTE: The company requires that each applicant for employment submit to a criminal background check as part of the process of verifying a prospective employee’s background