As General Ledger Accountant you’ll play an important role in setting up and improving the processes and position of our international and multilingual GL team.
You are keen on your personal development but also on the development of our team, the GL department and our finance processes.
This position combines operational general ledger activities with tactical and strategical projects regarding continuous improvement. You play a key role in driving change and efficiency, and building a best in class Shared Service Centre.
- Responsible for month end activities and month end journal entries for assigned entities, consolidation of actuals, timely reconciliation of all GL accounts;
- Coordinates cross-departmental month end close activities, records and judges accruals, deferrals and other close related entries;
- Cost center re-allocations and inter-company recharges;
- Responsible for completeness and correctness of entries in the books;
- Initiate cross departmental projects regarding continuous improvement and optimization of financial, reporting and business processes;
- Perform review and provide feedback on the reporting packages submitted by accountants from other locations;
- Responsible balance sheet reconciliations;
- Manages Fixed asset process and related controls and reconciliations;
- Responsible for Local statutory accounting and coordination with outsourcing partners;
- Driving process optimization through automation (black-line) and robotizing, but also sensible process adjustments.
- Bachelor/Master in economics / finance and accounting;
- Fluency in English and another EU language preferably French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, German
- Experience in a multinational company and / or SSC
- ERP system experience (preferably SAP)
Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication / influencing skills
- You pro-actively optimize processes
- Strong Team player;
- Flexible and open to change
- You enjoy working in an ambitious team and you know how to take and create opportunities for yourself and Kao.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. Remember, joining Kao means you are joining a whole family of prestige beauty brands including Molton Brown and John Frieda, leading to long-term opportunities for collaborative working and potential career movement.
To find out more about this role, our numerous brands and why 33,000 people across the globe opted for our career opportunities, and to see the full job description provided for this position, please feel free to find out more by clicking the link to apply.
Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.