Anaergia is a global leader in the production of clean energy, fertilizer and recycled water from virtually any waste stream, offering the widest range of maximizing resource recovery solutions for the municipal, industrial, commercial and agricultural markets. Anaergia’s integrated solutions create value for its customers in the forms of renewable energy, quality fertilizers and clean water, while dramatically reducing the cost of waste management. Anaergia delivers integrated solutions globally through established offices in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia and its breakthrough technologies are in use at over a thousand resource recovery facilities worldwide, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while creating new revenue sources for its clients.
Reporting to the Vice President for Global Operations, the Toronto Plant Operations Manager will:
- Daily and weekly plant shift schedule.
- Safe operation of Facility - Implement safety policies and standard operating procedures and promote a culture of safety and operational excellence.
- Using functional operational expertise meet weekly and yearly operations KPIs - Set weekly production targets to ensure contractual and organizational performance parameters are continuously met.
- Support capital improvement expansion/upgrade projects.
- Ensure plant operations follows all existing codes, standards, legislation, SOPs, Policy and Plans.
- Oversee, coordinate, and plan all major and minor, routine, and unplanned plant maintenance to maximize plant uptime.
- Schedule, train, supervise, mentor, and motivate site employees to foster a can-do and positive attitude.
- Oversee procurement, handling and management of spare parts and chemicals.
- Lead and participate in all staff and toolbox talks.
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly, and yearly performance reports and monthly performance dashboard reports.
- Liaison with the Client Representative and represent Anaergia in weekly client coordination/update meetings.
- Monitor and manage operating financial budget and generate budget variance report on monthly basis.
Education: Holds a minimum Bachelor’s degree in: Civil Engineering / Mechanical engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Technical knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices related to solid waste management, anaerobic digesters and water treatment operations
- Understanding of plant maintenance, electrical programs and technical services related to process control
- Sound understanding of Safety regulations, Green book requirements and legislation/standards to operate the facility
- Understanding of SCADA system and alarms monitoring
- Applied knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Operational management skills to lead the day-to-day coordination and control of maintenance and electrical process services for large complex facilities, plants and systems
- Knowledge of maintenance inspection principles and methods to lead the conducting of equipment/system reviews, regulatory inspections, and compliance and health/safety audits
- Conceptual, research, analytical, problem solving and risk management skills to lead the identification and analysis of preventative maintenance issues/gaps and the research/assessment of process optimization opportunities and system/service options/strategies to meet needs
- Exposure working in a 24/7 environment schedule preferred
- Experience managing budget to ensure results delivered within scope
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Exceptional technical writing abilities
- Ability in work effectively in diverse work environment
- Must be a team player with demonstrated leadership experience
- Canadian Citizen or PR preferred
- G license preferred