Okane has a new opportunity for a Geochemist to join our team. This position is full-time, permanent based in Perth, WA.
Candidates must embody Okane’s Core Vision: Help Create a Better Tomorrow and Values: Passionate, Smart and Clever, Positive, Thoughtful and Caring, and Humble.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
Laboratory and Data Management:
- Assist in the development of laboratory testing programs including kinetic columns.
- Manage local laboratory.
- Complete and / or assist staff with QA / QC checks on data captured by field monitoring systems or laboratory testing..
- Update and maintain databases.
- Ability to develop and implement geochemical and physical sampling and analytical programs.
- Prepare proficient technical documentation and reports in area of technical discipline.
- Apply an intermediate understanding of geochemical, hydrogeological, hydrologic, environmental engineering or geoscience, principles to assist in the delivery of new approaches to solve basic problems.
Client and Project Communication:
- Prepare or review detailed work scopes for proposals.
- Interact competently with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels of expertise.
- Foster and maintain client relationships.
Conceptual, Numerical and Analytical Modelling:
- An understanding around AMD issues for mine sites and ability to apply big picture thinking to provide solutions
- Complete background reviews for conceptual model development.
- Complete simulations of geochemical, hydrologic and hydrogeologic conditions for a given model domain development through robust conceptual analysis.
- Supervise or perform field studies for the collection and maintenance of data from scientific instrumentation installed at mine waste reclamation monitoring sites.
- Install field instruments for monitoring performance of reclaimed watersheds and / or mine waste cover systems.
- Plan and complete field investigations such as material sampling programs and construction QA/ QC projects.
Candidates will ideally possess the following key qualifications, experience, skills, and qualities:
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Maintain two-way communication with Project Coordinator and technical staff on a project basis.
- Complete technical work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to junior staff
- Consistent attention to detail, and strong technical writing skills.
- Candidates should hold post-graduate qualifications relevant to the field of Environmental Geochemistry.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, mine geology/environmental experience an asset .
- GoldSim, GWB, PHREEQC experience considered an asset.
- Experience with the operation/review of geochemical modeling programs is an asset.
- Ability and willingness to work with staff in varying time zones.
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed.
To find out more about Okane, visit [...]