NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
This entry level position works to aid in processing and classification of remote sensing data and general production and QA/QC efforts across multiple disciplines within QSI. The Technician is able to produce accurate and precise data in a consistent and timely manner. This individual has a strong interest and aptitude for working with remotely sensed data across GIS and CADD platforms.
● Supports the efforts of Analysts and Team Leaders in QA/QC
● Visually identifies blemishes or anomalies in data and takes appropriate action
● Manipulates and classifies data with great attention to detail and efficiency
● Meets reasonable deadlines
● Maintains precision and accuracy in high volume workflows
● Maintains composure with increased workload
● Takes direction from colleagues and management
● Keep processing and production sheets updated and accurate
● All other reasonable duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Good communication skills & professionalism
● Aptitude for learning multiple geospatial software programs and technical disciplines
● Can maintain productivity while performing repetitive tasks
● Strong organizational skills
● Shows flexibility when being tasked
● Ability to learn from mistakes and take constructive criticism
● Ability to work well within a team environment
● Shows an interest in remote sensing and geodetics
● Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor in times of stress
● Strong writing skills
● Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Drive
● Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
· Knowledge and skills: ESRI, CADD or vector-based software
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.