The Sr Account Manager position is expected to grow and retain HB Fuller's market share and customer base in key market segments while achieving profit sales targets. The Sr Account Manager is expected to:
• Ability to train & mentor entry / new sales roles;
• Ability to teach customers on industry trends and is sought after by customers; may be viewed as an expert in certain areas;
• Positive feedback frequently received by customers on level of service excellence; and
• Accountable for delivering results
• Accountability for results
• Customer focused – creating value
• Demonstrates functional excellence
• Demonstrates business acumen
• Embraces change and innovation
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR RESULTS
• Sales professional is accountable for delivering annual business results, aligned with business plan, sales, CM and volume
• Growth – focuses effort on delivering growth and maintains existing business to deliver plan
• Negotiates pricing and margin (aligned with the business) using value selling and the flip pricing tool to capture the optimum price and margin for HBF
CUSTOMER FOCUSED – CREATING VALUE
• Drive customer intimacy by delivering HBF’s value proposition tailored to meet the needs of the customer
• Promote, quantify and expertly sell value, which differentiates HBF in the market and adds value to our customers
• Consistently deliver value to our customers to realize customer loyalty and minimize erosion
• Provide insight to the customer through expert application of knowledge in the industry Anticipate current and future needs of the customer through deep understanding of the customer’s business
• Promote and sell latest HBF products and technology thereby enhancing our position in the market as an innovative leader
• Begin to demonstrate the ability to teach the customer on current market trends and issues, and is able to be a strategic partner to our customers on key issues such as raw material trends
DEMONSTRATES FUNCTIONAL EXCELLENCE
• Consistently manage activities to ensure all EHS requirements are followed
• Leverage all sales processes, including salesforce.com, consistently applies the HBF sales process
• Independently technically support the customer for standard needs, including running a product demonstration
• Identify, develop and close new business opportunities and communicate forecasting needs to the business
• Intimately know the territory/industry, including developing new business pipeline
• Manage time by balancing effort between existing business and new business pipeline
• Provide timely monthly reports and all necessary internal/external communication, and collaboration with other stakeholders
• Understands competitive landscape and how to position HBF for advantage
DEMONSTRATES BUSINESS ACUMEN
• Implement business pricing strategy based on business guidelines, expertly delivers price increases thereby enabling prices to stick
• Promote HBF products and technologies to optimize profitability
• Allocate own resources in a planned and consistent way with the business strategy
• Manage impact on profitability from terms and conditions, supply chain, days outstanding and other aspects
• Manage T&E expenses to budget
EMBRACES CHANGE AND INNOVATION
• Provide voice of the customer feedback into the organization
• Promote and sell innovative HBF technologies that create competitive advantage and optimize value for customers
• Adapt easily to a dynamic environment and maintain high levels of motivation and engagement
• Credible leader in the sales team that positively influences change
• Provide high level insight from customer and industry back into the HBF organization
SALES COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIORS
• Negotiating: Master negotiator and is sought out by others within the organization to handle or advise the most complex customer situations. Consistently negotiates solutions with maximum value for HBF. Always seeks the win-win option.
• Growing a sales territory: Has a deep understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market or the needs/ challenges of assigned territory/accounts; helps to develop colleagues' understanding and progress.
• Presenting: Expert presenter that transitions skillfully within the presentation, and tactfully responds when faced with on-the-spot questions or challenges during or after presentations, and always progresses the agenda and teaches the customer.
• Questioning / Listening: Accurately assesses underlying causes and/or concerns of customers' through enhanced listening skills; listens for potential using skills of deduction to customers' issues and concerns. Always in the here and now.
• Communicating: Delivers accurate, clear, and concise messages that inform and frequently persuade audiences to take action. Adapts to the needs of diverse audiences and/or complex situations.
• Prospecting: Maintains a large pipeline of referrals/prospects with awareness for long-term growth. Expert knowledge in territory enhances prospecting activity. Always works key prospects to optimize success. Tailors prospecting messages to individual and customers' needs. Finds and works with the key decision makers and influencers inside the prospective customer.
• Being a team player: Outstanding team player and often sought after to join teams and able to exert influence and experience for the positive outcome of team activities.
• Technical knowledge of products & services
o Operates as a resource and consultant to the customer in use of products and services
• Sales Process & Sales Tools
o Expert user of all sales tools and processes, which leads to higher rate of new business gains and consistently meets sales and margin goals
• Trends in market & industry
o Uses expert knowledge of trends in market and industry to differentiate and teach the customer
• Supply chain
o Selectively engages experts in supply chain to bring value and solve issues for customer
• Equipment & application process
o Has wide-spread contacts and knowledge of adhesive application equipment and manufacturing process equipment suppliers. Able to leverage for advantage, creating opportunities and problem solving.
o Has intimate knowledge and contacts of substrate suppliers. Understands adhesive interface with substrates.
• Business Acumen
o Uses knowledge to conduct business conversations at a higher level inside the customer. Comfortable operating at senior level inside the customer.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
• New business development activities represents ~40% of time. Focus is on top strategic opportunities for the business.
• 4 year college degree, with a technical/mechanical, marketing, or chemistry background preferred
• • Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
• Travel time depends on size/geography of the territory.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.