Main Purpose of the role
The GL Accountant is expected to utilize his/her accounting expertise as he/she is responsible for the reconciliation of all GL accounts and ensures accurate recording of transactions of each assigned country. The GL accountant is also expected to provide support to the team ensuring reportorial requirements are delivered on time and accurately. He/she is also responsible in preparing assigned analytical reports which provides assistance to the management in interpreting the results of the operation and decision making.
- Perform Bank reconciliation.
- Post Journal entry for payrolls and other non-AP and non-AR transactions.
- Analyze and identify Month to month Profit and Loss variances.
- Prepare Cash position and funding requirement for the assigned country
- Monthly release of Prepayments and Accruals
- Prepare assigned consolidated reports with Analysis
- Maintain Balance Sheet Reconciliation and relevant supporting schedules.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly VAT report.
- Assist in audit reportorial requirements at year end.
- Monitor assets additions, prepare lapsing schedule and posting of monthly depreciation journals
- Collaborate with the team to achieve group required deliverables.
- Coordinate with counterparts across the globe to ensure provision of required data and accuracy of transactions recorded.
- Support in maintaining a good working environment with the colleagues outside the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Strong technical Accounting background.
- At least three years general ledger accounting experience is required.
- Strong Excel and database skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong professional and good working attitude, can work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent in communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels and diverse cultures within the global company.
- Preferably with NetSuite application knowledge but not required.