TRIO (Translational Research in Oncology) is an academic not-for-profit clinical research organization that is dedicated to advancing translational cancer research by pursuing forward innovative and targeted therapeutic concepts in the clinical trial setting. We are committed to providing treatments of the future to the world of today.
TRIO’s head office is in Edmonton, Alberta with operations all throughout Canada, the USA, France and Uruguay. TRIO is looking for a Global Manager, Trial Operations Optimization to join the Project Management team in the Edmonton or Paris office.
The Global Manager, Trial Operations Optimization, with the support of the Director of Project Management (PM), has the overall responsibility to ensure that the PM department is operating effectively and efficiently. The right candidate will have a strong working knowledge of all processes, procedures, instructions, and systems used by the department allowing them the global view on areas for improvement and growth. The Global Manager will be responsible for bringing forth recommendations for improvement and growth, along with a proposal on how to achieve these goals.
Optimization of trial-related processes:
- Conducts an ongoing review and analysis of trial-specific processes and tools used amongst the PM members of the trial teams utilizing a lessons-learned approach at various stages throughout each trial
- Develops and maintains “best” standards to be used across all trials
- Coordinates training of the PM team on the “best” standards, provides guidance to the PM team members as needed, and ensures proper use of the standards
Development/revision of TRIO-controlled instructions and systems involving PM:
- Leads working groups for TRIO SOPs/SGs/IMs/UGDs under PM responsibility and participates in working groups for TRIO SOPs/SGs/UGDs involving the PM department with a focus on continual process improvements and efficiencies
- Participates in discussions involving systems used by PM and works closely with the PM Systems Ambassadors in order to evaluate PM needs related to systems and required optimizations.
- Coordinates training of the PM team in order to ensure consistency on the use of the processes and systems
Quality Controls of PM processes:
- Implements Quality Control (QCs) in order to ensure compliance with Department processes at the trial and department level
- Supports the implementation of Corrective Action Preventive Actions (CAPA) within the Department when needed
- Assists the Director in the development and ongoing review of the most appropriate PM metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Monitors, and reports on, the metrics and KPIs
- Assists the Director in Project Management budget/scope of work development for potential new trials
- Participates to the coaching of PM team members attending bid defence meetings
- Monitors the ongoing trial budgets to identify any potential issues and raises these to the trial team and Director for resolution
- Minimum Bachelor's degree with a scientific background (Nurse, Scientist, Pharmacist, M.D.)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the coordination of clinical projects.
- Well versed/experienced in different procedures and systems used in clinical research in order to bring new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to build project plans incorporating all key elements of trial conduct.
- Excellent knowledge of ICH/GCP.
- Ability to perform changes and the ability to federate around these changes.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills and interpersonal skills to interact with various stakeholders.
- Innovation capability and a spirit of curiosity is required.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office specifically in Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint.
- Oncology expertise is preferred.
We thank all candidates for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.