Overview of job
The Glitch is India’s leading creative agency and is a part of WPP. We believe that through shaping culture, great business results can be delivered, and by being strategically driven great creative can be achieved.
We are currently looking for a Graphic Designer - Design, to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. The role involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions. The brief can come from the client, creative director or the account manager.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Creative Head
3 best things about the job:
1. Work with one of the leading brands in the industry.
2. Create engaging and creative content to reach out to the audience.
3. Opportunities to work closely with leadership to grow the agency and decide growth strategies.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
In six months:
- Understanding the visual tone of the brand and engaging in conceptualization.
- Absorb as much of the work culture and be proactive with work happening on the brand and become well acquainted with client and internal processes.
- Aim to deliver work of high quality and manage time efficiently.
In 12 months:
- Take up more responsibility and engage more in the thinking process.
- Should start to identify pop culture trends and understand the brand and its values fully.
- Have extremely strong software skills and add to skill set.
What your day job looks like at The Glitch:
- Be responsible for quality control on all creatives generated by your team.
- Assist in building a strong team with superior skills.
- Stay up-to date with the latest design trends and set a tone for the brand content.
What you’ll bring:
- Create & modify fonts according to brand guidelines
- Work on multitasks at the same time using a wide range of medias, including photography and computer aided design
- Awareness of current fashions in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer packages and an understanding of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact on the design
- Creates professional designs and layouts for promotional material by creating templates, handouts, advertisements, posters, signs, logos, and other visual layouts
- Determines style, technique, and medium best suited to organisation promotion strategies
- Prepare new and unique illustrations, innovative layout prints and rough sketches of presentation and organization brochures and designs graphics for website in line with branding guidelines
- Detail oriented, flexible, self-motivated and meeting deadlines
- Be enthusiastic about the assigned brand and be eager to learn.
- Superior skills in one or more design discipline.
- Eagerness to learn and improve software skills.
- An inquisitive attitude and exploratory approach to work.
- A good team spirit.
More about The Glitch
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an advertising filed
- Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Art, or a related field, or equivalent field experience would be an added advantage.
- Able to work on Mac osx, Windows and different software: adobe photoshop, adobe illustrator, after effects.
- Ability to think creatively and evidence of success in developing brands and delivering them to market.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Passionate about the quickly-evolving digital and social media environment.
- Sincere curiosity about how people interact and are influenced online.
The Glitch is India’s leading creative agency headquartered in Mumbai, with offices in Delhi & Bangalore. We help brands create a cultural impact and solve their business problems by marrying strategy with mind blowing creatives.
Discover more about The Glitch at http://www.theglitch.in/
Follow @followtheglitch on Twitter
Follow The Glitch on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-glitch/?originalSubdomain=in
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.