105,000 people re-imagining medicine for more than 750 million people globally. That is the number of people you may impact in this role
To manage and lead a scientific writing group in Dublin (multiple franchises) to produce high quality scientific documents, publication plans and scientific events services, by providing leadership and implementing management control of the assigned group.
1. Builds up and leads a group of Scientific Writing Team Leads and Scientific Leads to ensure delivery of medical communications deliverables for the Global, regional and country organizations for assigned therapeutic areas, ensuring adherence to quality, timelines, and efficiency objectives.
2. Accountable for high quality deliverables produced by the assigned group, including for the accuracy of the scientific content of the deliverables produced by the team (data accuracy and scientific messages).
3. Monitors and reports established KPIs & takes proactive action to continuously strive for improvements. Manage the Service Level Agreements with customer stake-holder groups.
4. Ensures exemplary communication with all internal and external and global customers through regular local and global updates with focus on accomplishments, KPIs, best practice sharing, staffing changes, etc.
5. Identifies and resolves operational issues, clearly articulate potential recommendations/solutions to local or global managers/partners; manages number of escalations
6. Is proactive in planning; anticipating change and acting in accordance; drive meticulous implementation of team goals and metrics.
7. Recruits talents, manages performance (set objectives, review performance and plan compensation) and develops associates (development/training plans, Organizational Talent Review, coaching or mentoring, as appropriate). Sets direction, aligns and motivates team members to achieve set goals and objectives.
8. Enables Scientific Writing Team Leads to manage priority setting, workload distribution and resource planning to ensure adequate assignment of resource to projects.
9. Develops and implements appropriate management control systems to ensure quality deliverables and adherence to process compliance.
10. Provides input into the budget process (for Dublin/UK) and ensures ongoing detailed cost reporting in line with the global and local policies / requirements.
11. Supports the development of functional and scientific excellence for identified brands by collaborating with other function heads and customers.
12. Owns and ensures deployment and completion of initiatives and programs developed towards creating scientific and functional excellence.
13. Ensures compliance and inspection /audit readiness. Is accountable that all associates in the Function are adequately trained and comply with industry best practice (incl. GPP3) and internal guidelines/SOPs.
14. Act as consultant on scientific writing to other NBS CONEXTS service groups
15. Responsibility for three or more key franchises, with total revenues exceeding $5mio
16. Supports Scientific Writing Team Lead on scoping and pricing information for any ad hoc projects, and specifically for scientific events deliverables that include scientific content