Looking to immigrate to Canada? Canada is ranked the #1 most attractive destination for immigrant workers by The Boston Consulting Group! CGI’s global delivery Centre in Atlantic Canada is growing rapidly, with exciting work opportunities to serve dynamic global enterprise clients from our offices in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island as well as remote work from our beautiful rural communities.
We are now welcoming international candidates to join us in delivering a vast array of business and technology solutions for leading organizations. The work permit process is handled by CGI, in partnership with a specialized law firm. Successful candidates and their family will benefit from a personalized attention throughout their immigration process and their onboarding period at CGI.
Who is CGI? We are Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere. CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is also a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability.
We are looking for a Hadoop Developer to join our team. We expect you to have great technical skills but more importantly, we are looking for someone who can develop a creative solution to a problem by applying critical thinking and past experience. This role requires communication and interaction with multiple clients to ensure that each module adequately interacts with the others. You develop new functionalities to achieve the targeted results as well as to solve complex issues. You will work with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. Work and learn from some very experienced and hardworking developers and architects and tap into your expertise and become a key part of large client engagements with CGI!
• Work on a variety of projects and enhancements on a Hadoop platform;
• Work with business stakeholders, Solution Designers, senior team members and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements;
• Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in the testing of developed systems/solutions;
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle (PDLC), business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required;
• Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines;
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience;
• 5+ years of IT experience with demonstrable development experience with Hadoop technology;
• Proven understanding and related experience with Hadoop, HDFS, Python, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, Talend and/or MapReduce;
• Advanced programming experience in Bash and Python scripting;
• Solid hands-on development experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, .Net, Linux, Perl, PHP, Chef, Puppet...);
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog;
• Excellent understanding of developer life cycle and enterprise developer tools;
• Strong debugging and problem solving skills;
• Deep experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM));
• Traditional Data Warehouse/ETL experience is an asset;
• Working within a Cloud based environment, specifically Azure, is an asset;
• Ability to lead teams and small projects is an asset.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.