The Hardware Support team is part of the Hardware organization who is responsible for the company hardware activities; from qualification to prototype and rack level design, from tool development to hardware support.
The Hardware Support team is responsible for supporting all hardware server assets in production during their respective life cycle. The team interacts with all internal teams and does not interact directly with the end customer (not a customer facing team). This includes a lot of respective activities and implies to work and interact with a lot of people internally.
The installed base is composed of 10s thousands of servers and is growing fast and the team is aiming at growing accordingly.
As Hardware Support Engineer, your mission will be to support and maintain the production and internal infrastructure servers from an hardware perspective. The mission is to secure a high level of availability and quality for the servers in production by making sure to implement all of the required actions and to engage with the other internal teams (datacenter teams, logistics team, etc.) or hardware vendors .
Main tasks and activity
* Monitor, detect, investigate and fix problems on the hardware servers installed base,
* Implement corrective and preventive actions as necessary,
* Engage the vendors or manufacturers as required, according to the contract and support/SLA contracts, and follow up until the problem is fixed,
* Liaise with manufacturers with regards to bug fixes, requests for enhancement etc .
* Qualify, test, validate and maintain the various firmware stacks update,
* Take part of the servers qualification process leveraging from your day-to-day experience,
* Collaborate with the product, customer support, infrastructure, network, sales and other internal teams to drive the problem to resolution,
* Document technical information, procedures, action plans,
* Tech watch in order to stay up-to-date with technology.
Who you are and what you know
* You are passionate about cloud computing, hosting, hardware or datacenters,
* Strong knowledge of the computer hardware,
* Strong understanding of server administration (including firmware, UEFI, BMC, PXE, IPMI, …),
* Troubleshooting skills,
* Service / Support technical background, in production environment,
* Capacity to share and document information and experience,
* Team player, curious, self-motivated,
* Good spoken and written English.
What could be useful
* Experience operating large-scale systems, distributed, business-critical systems,
* Datacenter environment knowledge (power & cooling),
* Cloud and/or Cloud infrastructures knowledge is not mandatory, still, it is a plus
Technologies we work with
* Open source
* large scale environment (10s of thousands of servers)
* various HW (servers, storage, network equipment) vendors
* various Linux OS (we tend to prefer Ubuntu and Debian)
* Redash, Mysql
* Python, Go
You recognize yourself by reading these lines and you want to join a young, innovative, growing company where it is good to work?
Then don't wait any longer and join us :)